Chapter 16

Jin's POV

   The sea was there again like in my dream, but it was now a ribbon of gray matching the dreary sky. 

   Thinking back to the day when Taehyung murdered his parents, I understood how the young boy felt. Everything was just not right, and the world continued to revolve while I tried to make it stop for me. Everybody had his own agenda. And still when I connected my hallucinations with Namjoon's disappearance -"You have to survive"-, I knew that we had to somehow stick together, no matter what. 

   I didn't want to go over my reaction to the news, as it was just like any other, but even worse - now I was truly alone. After having a mental fit, I drove to the pier where the first one of us disappeared. It was almost as if I was reliving the scene in Technicolor, except that I was holding a video camera.

   The beautiful multi-colored sky, a combination of warm hues. 

   The slight sea breeze that was perfect for the weather. 

   The silhouette of a troubled person, jumping to a different world, a different ending, a different moment in life. 

   As much as I wanted my past self to do something, anything, to stop the hallucination, it jumped into the water with the others, searching for Taehyung's body. But that was not the case, and everything happened exactly as it did a month ago.

   Wait... if I was in the water, then why was I dry?

   As the illusion faded, I found that I had driven the pickup out to sea, and it was too late to go back. Waves lapped against the car as it sank, and I was staring ahead. Though I knew that this was morally the wrong thing to do, I accepted it. If I met my friends, then there was nothing more that my yearning soul needed. Besides, it had started here, so it made to sense to end everything at the same place. 

   Waiting, I opened the compartment where Namjoon had put the photo - it didn't hurt to go through the good times, yet there was something odd as I pulled the picture out. 

   Yoongi, who was supposed to be in the background, was missing. 

   Taehyung's POV 

   I was waiting at the pier by myself. Where was Jin hyung? He was a bit late, off schedule...

   Jimin's POV

   The photo of us without Jin hyung fell onto the bathroom's tile floor, riddled with ashes.

   Hoseok's POV

   The pills were crushed underfoot until they were powder, never to be seen again.

   Jungkook's POV

   I admired the graffiti on the walls of the alleyway, taking time to cross the empty street.

   Yoongi's POV

   The lighter fell onto the photos, setting them on fire and destroying all mixed feelings.

   Namjoon's POV

   Dropping my lollipop in my soda, I took a sip, letting my worries flow away.

   Jin's POV

   As I stared at the picture, a large waved crashed over me, taking me down, this time exactly like in my dream. 

   It was done. 

   BTS's POV (All mental voices)

   Finally.