Chapter 14

Jin's POV - After Namjoon Moved Away

   I was alone, on my own.

   It had been eight days since the latest funerals for Jungkook, Hoseok, Yoongi, and Namjoon had moved to elsewhere, saying he needed to get himself "back on track". We knew that we had to move on, no matter how much we wanted our friends back.

   But I couldn't. Everybody I cared about was dead, and my last best friend basically just abandoned me. There was no way I could get over this, but it was possible to heal and go on with my life. It was just that forgetting the times the others and I spent together was not an option.

   The mourning had lasted for too long already. For them, I would take my step forward.

   Over the next four days, my life went smoothly enough to keep my sanity with their  schedules - wake up, morning routine, job, lunch, job, go home, evening routine, and sleep. Keeping those days constant and steady took my mind off the events that started merely a month ago.

   Of course, on the fifth day, the chain broke.

   Though getting through the day was difficult enough, at night, all I could think about was them. It kept getting worse and worse, until I had a mental breakdown. If even one person was here with me, I would've felt other. And yet the universe could not give me the simple comfort of a friend, for the devil had taken them away. I couldn't live like this without them... I just couldn't. My brain and heart still could not comprehend their ceasings to exist

   And then, the hallucinations came.

   My brain transformed those bittersweet happenings into what I saw during my waking hours, but I didn't realize what was really happening in the world of truth. At first, it was actually nice to relive those beautiful moments in life. However, later on, the memories became mysterious, more violent, more twisted.

   That fake party we had - a fight broke out, and Yoongi and Jungkook punched & shoved each other. Yoongi threw a chair against the wall and smashed a mirror into pieces.

   When we were sleeping by the fire - Namjoon had stood up and gone over to a fogged mirror, tracing the words "you need to survive".

   The time when Namjoon took a picture of me when he refilled my pickup at the gas station - Yoongi was also in the background, too.

   Sometimes, the visions weren't even based off of what happened.

   Jimin, burning the photo of us leaning against the truck at the beach - but I wasn't there.

   Hoseok, waking up in a bed, seemingly in an asylum or a hospital.

   Jungkook, with bruises and cuts, leaning against the side of an alleyway.

   Taehyung and Namjoon, using spray paint cans to make graffiti on a similar wall.

   I wished that I could reach out, touch them, talk to them, but obviously it wasn't possible. 

   It couldn't get worse...

   The last day of this torture, however, couldn't have made me any more inaccurate.