Alternative Ending

Jin's POV - At the pier in the pickup, contemplating suicide 

   I looked at the crossroad now in front of me, carefully going over my options. 

   To tell the truth, I was torn. Part of me wanted to join everybody else, ending everything for once and all. However, the rational part of my brain tried to take over and talk some sense into myself, making the internal argument more heated. What should I choose? To stay, or to go?

   I had to see them, to be with them, to feel them, to live with them. I need you; why am I alone?

   But they would most likely want me to live and carry on. What would happen if I went down that road?

   After taking a deep breath and contemplating it once more, I chose which road to take.

   Driving one last time around the beach to savor the feelings once more, I bid farewell to the sunrise that kissed the platform Taehyung jumped off of.

   The decision was made.

-       -       -       -       -       -       -

   2 years later

   It still hurt, but I could bear it a little more now. 

   I did my best to go along with the flow of the world, getting a permanent job and settling down. Eventually, I went on in life to preserve the spirits of the others, forever young, in my memory. Now, I had a sweet girlfriend and close friends, a great cooking job, and a pleasant apartment. What else could I want?

   That's what I thought every single morning as I woke up, looking at the sunlight filtering through the window. I didn't want to be greedy, but there was still a pang of loss that still lingered. Those moments where only happiness and joy radiated, however, were as clear as the recordings on my device that I still had, sometimes my only comforts.

   All of us, running across the abandoned pool in a wild game of tag.

   The gang sitting by the fire, exchanging light snacks and small words.

   Me driving my pickup as the others hooted and hollered behind me at the pier.

   It was all there, but I failed to catch the butterfly of beauty, opting for the falling lily petals instead.

   But that was all right - I knew that the others would be content to know that their spirits lived on with me. They were almost like Peter Pan's Lost Boys, always running about freely, never growing up. Who knows, maybe they were in an afterlife of paradise. Whatever it was, I would honor the others' wishes.

   Reflecting on the things that took place at the time, I made a motto of sorts to pass down and to keep, so nobody would make my mistakes ever again.

   Enjoy your most beautiful moment in life to its fullest extent.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *
A/N: So, that's the very end of my first multi-chapter book (I know that this ending is probably 10x crappier than the other one, sorry) and I appreciate all the readers, commentors, and voters that cared to look at this! Feedback is appreciated, and... *awk silence*yeah! You can make requests now, as long as there are no smut requests (I don't want any peers of mine to kill me). It may take time, but I'm pretty sure that I'll get them out, I promise! Fighting!
                                                                                                             ~ L