Chapter 11

Jungkook's POV - Around Hoseok's Paralysis 

   If I had been with my two lost friends, I could've never been happier. But that was not the case.

   I walked the city streets without energy, wanting it to all end. There was nowhere in particular in my mind to go, so I wandered aimlessly. It wasn't until I looked up that I realized that it was nighttime, and two strangers were coming my way. Not caring, I bumped into one of them.

   "Stupid, watch where you're going," the young man said.

   He moved on, and so did I - but then his companion grabbed my hoodie.

   "Hmm -  care to hang out with us, friend?"

   I knew that I should have gotten out of there as fast as possible, but I just didn't care about this situation. This was petty compared to what I was really dealing with.

   I tried to just walk away and put that behind me, but the dominant person pulled me towards an alley. He then slammed me into a paneled wall, and pain shot into my head. But my body was still numb - I. Didn't. Care.

   They beat me up, kicked me, punched me, slammed me against more walls. It wasn't until they left that I looked at the bruises everywhere and sank onto the ground. But it just wan't physical pain registering here; it was also pain of the heart. Even through the last fifteen minutes, part of me was focused on the ones that passed away. Taehyung and Jimin tortured me every second that I tried not to think about them, which was always.  

   It wasn't until I stepped off a sidewalk and onto a crowded road that I saw a car, speeding in my direction, with an unconscious figure lying in the back, unnaturally still. Was that... Hoseok?

   No. No. No. It couldn't be... is he dead?

   Not even a finger twitched. Hoseok was gone. Who knew why, but he was gone.

   And I would be gone with him.

   I strode onto the road ahead of me, the road I chose, in front of the car, and the impact came.

   The pain was enjoyably torturous, excruciating and exhilarating. That was all I could think as the ambulance came and I was strapped to a gurney. 

   The last thing I remembered was a bright light, shining, telling me - in a way - I had won.