Chapter 13

Namjoon's POV - After Yoongi's Death (2 Days)

   This time, it was a funeral for four people at once. My tears were genuinely shed, but not just for my friends.

   Death monster. Destruction. Freak. Grim Reaper.

   But I had to. Otherwise, they would go through the worst pain I had ever foreseen in this secret career - worse than what happened, and what would happen.

   Just one more. Just that one, and I would quit. Only Jin hyung and I were left, and after my predictions came true... what would I do?

   "Hey, Namjoon-ah, Earth to Namjoon?"

   I jolted out of my secluded thinking, accidentally slapping myself in the fact. "Hmm? What did you say again, Jin hyung?"

   "Ah, nothing to worry about. You were just zoned out."

   But there was something. It was coming... coming...

   A flash of light blinded my vision, and I saw what I had been anxiously waiting for.

   Jin hyung was in the pickup truck, and he was at the pier. He looked longingly one last time at the land behind him, and drove - at full speed - into the ocean. He didn't stop until the engine died and he could no longer go any farther. Then, as if somebody had hit the fast-forward button, waves started to buffet against the truck in an unnatural speed. The vehicle then slowly sank into the water, and one last wave covered it. The forwarding was over.

   The vision ended, and I stumbled about a bit. The vertigo always stayed with me for at least ten minutes. Despite that, my mind was clear, with only one thing penetrating through my thoughts.

   I decided to make my move.

   The lie was told, the one where I said I was going to move away to somewhere distant. In the truth, I was going to stay with the others in the afterlife. It hurt, yes, but the lie that was stated next made me hate myself even more. 

   "It's going to be all right. I'm sure of it."

   But it was not all right. It would never be, ever, until everything was over.

   I excused myself, walking out of the church and to my apartment. There was no way that even I, the "'cold-hearted Grim Reaper'", could my feelings in.

   Putting my head in my hands and leaning against my bed for support, I "composed" a message that would never be mentally sent.

   Oh... I'm so, so, sorry, Jin hyung. I can't stop what's going to happen...