Chapter 12

Yoongi's POV - Hoseok's Death

   I flicked at Jimin's lighter - on, off. On, off. On, off. Three of us were dead now - the phone call about Hoseok had me devastated. At this rate, who was next?

   It was early - 4:oo A.M. in the morning. I had been sleepless for the last two days. As much as I tried to get some rest, I couldn't. It wasn't possible, not with the four of us left. At least little Jungkook was still here. I wasn't afraid to admit it - my dongsaeng and I were very close, like Jimin and Hoseok were.

   But after Taehyung's suicide, we had all shattered, only keeping to ourselves. After that fight, with me leaving Jungkook to sit on the ground in shock, I did my best to recover - not that it did much. So here I was, in a random city motel room lying on my bed, wishing for my best friend and little brother...

   Brushing the other side of the mattress, I imagined all the others here, longing for them. There we so many ways I could have stopped the deaths, but now was now.

   Suddenly, the sound of an ambulance sounded, a deafening noise under my window.What was this doing here? The street here was always calm no matter what. 

   And yet I saw...

   A car with Jung Hoseok inside of it. The driver must have called me earlier.

   An ambulance speeding towards the scene.

   And Jeon Jungkook, lying in the middle of the street, bruised, bloodied, and battered.

-       -       -       -       -       -       -

   This didn't happen. He isn't dead, no no no...

   But he was lifeless. The chances of surviving were zero.

   I fell to my knees, trying to process everything through the blinding shock. Taehyung, dead. Jimin, dead. Hoseok, dead. And now, Jungkook.

   There was no more hope for us. There was no way that we could persevere. And that was that.

   I grabbed something - anything flammable - and tossed the objects onto my bed. Cigarettes, scraps of paper, and other debris found their way onto my mattress. 

   Next, I rummages through my closet and found a 5-gallon gasoline container that Namjoon had mysteriously given to me not too long ago.

   "You'll need it."

   What perfect timing. I opened the cap and dumped the contents into the surrounding area - the bed, the carpet, the flammable objects.

   The lighter was then turned on, and I set fire to the gasoline - covered section, waiting for the growing flames to find me.

   I stood in the middle of it all, and after a small while, the first tongue of fire licked my arm. I let it go, up from my burned skin to my T-shirt, and let it, with its fellows, engulf my body.

   It was a blazing inferno, a living death, but as soon as it started, I knew there was no turning back.

   Watching my skin turn into pink flesh, charred flakes, and then ashes, I collapsed one last time, and let death embrace me.