Chapter 15

Jin's POV

   I was with everybody.

   We were all at a cliff over the sea, climbing over the rocks that led to the top. The ocean, a deep and beautiful blue, glistened in the sunlight. The silent tranquility was there again, and the only sounds that could be heard were the calls of seagulls as the flew overhead.

   We reached the top and Namjoon - being in the lead - beckoned for us to follow. He then ran to the edge and jumped, soaring over the precipice as if it were nothing. Somehow, he stayed afloat in the air, as if he was using magic to do such things.

   "Come on!" he shouted. "It's really fun!"

   Taehyung was the first person to follow, and after that Jimin joined them in the clouds. Everybody else leaped after them in the order in which they passed away.

   Soon enough, I was the only one left standing on the cliff.

   "Hyung, join us!" Taehyung grinned.

   Willing to take my chance, I jumped off the cliff to join the others below. Believing that I could fly too, I spread my arms, but my body was going against its will.

   Falling, falling, falling....

-       -       -       -       -       -       -

   Pain.

   That was all my mind could register, as weak as it was.

   Loneliness, too.

   The dream ha ended with me -alone- on the sea bottom, bloodied and battered on the ground. In reality, I writhed in my bed, but it wasn't my physical body that hurt.

   Waking from the dream, I looked at the morning sunlight filtering through the window.

   The sky is blue, the sun is shining... and it makes my tears even more visible. Why did it have to be them? I need them before I fall, fall...

   I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts and managed to stumble through my daily morning routine. At least I didn't have work today - fresh air was what my lungs needed for now.

   Climbing into my pickup, I slouched, lost in memories. The kept flooding back, filling me with warmth, but I still didn't like the fact that within these fabrics, a bad thread was woven in between them.

   The truth was, I was more alone than imagined. The meeting in the woods... I came last. When we hung around the abandoned pool... all I did was take videos and picture. And now, I was the only one left.

   Even though Namjoon was still alive, he didn't even answer me when I tried to contact him, leaving me more isolated than ever. 

   Suddenly, my phone vibrated, a bolt out of the blue. I clicked on my notifications panel, expecting an email of something of the sort.

   Kim Namjoon: Missing.

   Missing.

   Missing.

   Missing.