Dave X Reader #2

His hands held the slightest tremor as his fingers tangled into her hair, holding still as he brushed his lips against hers experimentally. His heart was throbbing painfully in his chest as he gauged her reaction to his advances.

Her lips were parted slightly as she gasped for air, a red hue illuminating her face. He searched her shocked eyes for some response before placing his lips onto hers more firmly than the first time. From the safety of his shades he could watch her (color) eyes widen before slowly fluttering shut. Their bodies were pressed so close he could feel the nervous tremors shaking her when she finally kissed him back.

She pressed her lips against his with the faintest of pressure but it was all he needed. She kissed back. She didn't shove him away or tell him to stop so she must feel the same, right? His heart froze at the thought. What if she didn't really like him?

He clenched his eyes shut trying to shake the nerves away. He tightened his grip and gently guided her head so he could get closer, molding his lips against hers. His body felt like he was on fire. Her fingers slowly rose to clench his shirt and tried to tug him closer.

He pulled back reluctantly and buried his face in her (color) hair, listening to her gasp for breath. He loosened his grip and lowered his arms to wrap around her waist. He focused on calming himself as he pressed her against his chest.

Closing his eyes, he tried to gather his composure. Each time he got close to doing so, she would shift and remind him that she was there. Giving up, he opened his eyes and tilted his head so he could see her face.

The blush on her face was worse than before and he could tell she was struggling too. Her eyes would dart from his chest to his face before squirming and tightening her grip on his shirt. He had to fight back a grin as she nervously turned to brush her lips against his jaw.

"D-Dave, I... I think I love you."

His eyes widened behind his shades and heart felt like it was going to burst. A small smile found its way onto his face and he took a deep breath to keep his voice steady. He let go of her to look her in the eye, he stepped back before tilting her head upwards to face him. He had wanted to say this for so long.

"I love you too." He smiled genuinely as he closed his eyes and leaned forward for another kiss.

His lips met air. The feel of face he held in his hands vanished. He jolted forward, his eyes snapped open in shock and disbelief.

The scenery he had paid so little attention to changed. A classroom took the backdrop. Quiet laughter and buzzing voices became louder. He was sitting at a desk, a blank paper in front of him. His teacher stood in front of the blackboard, writing things he already knew.

It was only a daydream.

He never kissed her. He never confessed. She never confessed. He was must have fallen asleep again in class. It took everything he had not to break his calm composure.

A hand brushed against his clenched fist and a pair of worried (color) eyes tried to lock with his shielded red ones. She glanced once toward the distracted teacher before turning her attention back to him once more. The (color) haired girl leaned towards him, asking quietly "Are you okay Dave? You've been staring at that worksheet for twenty minutes. Do you need help or something?"

She was completely oblivious to the frustrated glare he gave her as he struggling to keep his poker face on. He shook his head stiffly and pulled his hand away from hers, refocusing his gaze onto the worksheet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

not mine