Chapter 1

So this is my first fanfic, let me know how it is in the comments! Xx
"It's not going to work out between you and me."
Those were the words he couldn't get out of his head all night. She broke his heart and then walked away like she didn't have a care in the world. And now he had to face her, he couldn't call in sick, because she would know why.

As he walked up to the entrance of the ED, he saw Connie and Grace getting out of the car on the other side of the car park. This was the first time he'd seen her since she had ended things with him. He tried all night to persuade himself that he didn't care but in that moment that he saw her he realised he loved her.
"Jacob!" He turned around to see Rita. "You've been stood here for the past ten minutes, is everything okay?"
He momentarily glanced back at Connie's car but she wasn't stood there anymore. "Er... Ye fine" He strolled through the ED and into the staff room to get ready for his shift.

At midday, there was an announcement to be made by Hanssen at the nurses station, not even Connie knew what it was. Everyone was stood waiting when Hanssen appeared from no-where and began his speech.
"As you know, the ED has been doing very well over the past few months, but I thought it was time to add a new member of staff to the mix, a new consultant." "What, why didn't you tell me about this?" Questioned Connie. As the new member of staff turned the corner it was obvious why. "Hello Con" he said for everyone to hear. After she had got over the shock of him being here, in her department, she ignored him and said to Hanssen "Well, now I can see why you didn't tell me." And walked off into her office, the sound of the door slamming echoing throughout the ED. The rest of the staff, including Jacob, were stood wondering who the hell this man was and why Connie hated him so much. Connie had only ever told Charlie about her ex-husband Michael, not even Jacob.