Chapter 13

It was a week later and Jacob had gathered all the evidence he needed to prove to the police that Michael was abusing Connie. No-one knew how he had got it although everyone knew what was going on, they had seen the scars on Connie's body. And of course, anyone who knew Jacob knew that he was going to do something, but no-one knew what. He had taken it all to the police station and headed to the ED to be there for Connie when they arrested Michael.

It was 6 hours later and the police had reviewed all of the evidence that Jacob had given them. They had already interviewed a few close friends of Connie's who had seen the scars and all they needed to do was arrest Michael. Connie was in her office but needed to get some files from reception. As she walked up she realised there were a few police officers talking to Noel and Jack but that was not uncommon as it was an ED but started to get confused when Noel mentioned something to them as he saw her walking closer to them.
"Mrs Beauchamp, these police officers are looking for..." But couldn't continue his sentence as the police officer interrupted him.
"Michael, we're looking for Michael, your Connie right?"
"Er.... Yes right this way." She said with a fake smile.