Chapter 3

The rest of the day was pretty boring for an ED, especially this one that was usually bursting at the seams with patients. Michael, Connie and Jacob's patient had been discharged and Michael had finished his shift. So he thought it would be a good time to catch up with Connie.

He entered the door and sat down on the sofa like he owned the place. "It's polite to knock you know." Said Connie as he sat there unaware that Jacob was stood at the nurses station and could hear everything as the door was left wide open. "Oh well, I thought we could catch up." Connie hesitated "Fine, so have you been back to prison lately?" Michael chuckled "No, but I hear you have." "Funny." She said sarcastically.

At that moment, Grace came through the door and sat down on the chair opposite Connie. "Hi, Mum, Who's He?" Connie was about to reply when Michael suddenly thought it was a good idea that he told her. "I'm Michael, Michael Beauchamp." Grace then gave him a death glare that was identical to Connie's. Connie was instantly confused as to why she would give him that attitude if she didn't know who he was. "But Grace, I've never told you about Michael." "No, you haven't but dad has. He thought it was best if I knew where my last name came from." "Oh, I bet he did."

Michael wanted to know how much the little girl knew. "How much has your dad told you about me?" "Not much." Connie and Michael both instantly relaxed. That was until she came out with "only that you hid an outbreak of MRSA which led to the death of a patient and then tried to pin it on my mum. Oh and that you went to prison for it, see you later mum. I'm going to find Charlie."

She left Connie with her head in her hands and Jacob wondering how on earth Michael got a job here if he went to prison for manslaughter. Not to mention, confused as to why Connie never mentioned any of that before.