Chapter 2

"This is Michael Beauchamp, your new consultant." Henrik announced.
"Michael, I trust you will introduce yourself to everyone, and as for everyone else I hope you can make Michael feel at home here in the ED. Now I have some meetings to get to so I will catch up with you later."

Michael introduced himself to everyone but Jacob held back. He was unsure why Connie hated him and why they both have the same last name. He was brought out of his thoughts by a man approaching him. Michael. "Hi I'm Michael" He said plainly.
"Jacob" was all that he could reply with. But he realised he may be able to piece things together if he engaged in a conversation with Michael.
"So, have you ever worked in an ED before?" Jacob asked.
"No never, I was chairman of the hospital board here a long time ago."
"Is that where you know Mrs Beauchamp from then?"
"Not exactly, well I see she still uses my name then, we were married years ago. Before I went to prison."
"Oh." Was all Jacob could say. That was why they had the same name. They used to be married! He was about to ask him why he went to prison when Michael butted in.
"Excuse me" he said as Jacob watched him walk outside to where Connie was stood waiting for the ambulance.

"So I see you still use my name then."
"Well my whole professional career was under the name Beauchamp why would I change that?"
At that moment Jacob came through the doors as he was informed they needed him to help with this patient.
"What are you doing down here anyway?"
Connie replied with "Working, what about you?"
"Er..I don't know to be honest. Let's just say I needed a change of scenery."
"Course you did" Connie said loud enough so only Jacob, who was stood next to her, could hear.
As the ambulance approached Connie said "Try not to kill anyone this time." Aiming it at Michael which left him with a smirk on his face.
For the rest of the day Jacob was trying to figure out what Connie meant when she said to Michael 'Try not to kill anyone this time.'