Chapter 11

Everything had been going really well for the past week. Jacob had moved in the day after they decided he was going to and they were already settled into life as a family. Connie was driving into work today alone, as Jacob had the day off and was going to stay home with Grace. Connie was nearly at work and was singing her heart out to take that on the radio. As she turned around the corner towards the ED she stopped singing as she didn't want to see her staff the same way her family see her at home. She got out of the car carrying a stack of paperwork as Michael walked over to her.

"Need any help?" He asked leaning on her car.
"No thanks" She replied before locking the car and walking into her office remembering to close the door on the way in so that she didn't get any unwanted visitors.

Half an hour later she got a knock on the door and without looking up from her paperwork to see who it is, she said "Come in."
He closed the door and sat down on her sofa way too comfortably for her liking.
She looked up and glared at him "What do you want?"
"You"
"What?" She asked astounded at how forward he was being, let alone how he was holding onto something that she had gotten over years ago.
"I want you, I never got over you Con, because I love you."
"Please don't call me that" she said as he got up out of his seat and walked over to her desk.
"Why not? I know you love me too."
"I don't." She replied as she stood up wanting to get out of this situation as soon as possible.
"Well, you better." He said through gritted teeth whilst holding her wrist behind her back before continuing. "Because you wouldn't want anything bad to happen to your little baby in there would you?" Pointing to her stomach.
"How do you know about that?" She asked him still trying to release her wrist from his grip.
"That doesn't matter, but if you don't break up with lover boy today, you won't be coming home to your daughter tonight. And you know me Con, my threats aren't empty."
He released her wrist from his grasp leaving a mark on her arm. It was good that she was wearing a long sleeve top today otherwise someone might be able to see what he did to her and she didn't want that. She didn't want him to hurt anyone else. She had to break up with Jacob, the love of her life, the man of her dreams. Because even if she did protect her children there was no doubt he was going to go after Jacob too.