Chapter 12

She had to break up with him in the next hour or Michael was going to hurt her children. She saw him down a corridor reviewing some notes, he looked so peaceful. Michael saw her staring at him and glared at her from the other side of the nurses station. She had to do it now, ruin the one chance of happiness she's ever had.

"Jacob..."
"Alright sweetcheeks?" He said with a grin before noticing her expression.
"I need to talk to you, I can't do this anymore..."
"Do what?"
"This, us. Ok I'm sorry." She began to walk away before Jacob grabbed hold of her wrist. She winced slightly at the pain.
"What's wrong with your wrist?" He asked her.
She looked over slightly at Michael who was now raising an eyebrow at her.
"Nothing. I'm fine. Trust me." She said before leaving him to go back into her office.

Jacob saw who she looked at. Michael. Was he hurting her? He was very slowly building up a lot of anger inside for that man. But he knew he had to find proof first. Even if that did mean putting Connie in danger for a little while. It was the only way to get that man out of their lives for good. The life that he shared with Connie, Grace and... Their baby. What if he hurt the baby? No, Jacob had to find evidence, and fast.