Chapter 8

The time had come for the scan where they would find out the sex of the baby.
"Come on Grace hurry up, we're going to be late!" Connie said, who for once was actually ready on time.
"I'm coming!"
Connie, Jacob and Grace all got in the car and sped off to the hospital.

They were sat waiting for the scan and Connie was becoming increasingly nervous. 'What if something's not right?' She thought. But she didn't have much time to ponder over the idea because out came Mr. T. And said " Mrs Beauchamp."
Jacob, Connie and Grace all stood up nervously and made their way inside the room. I say nervously, but that was just Connie and Jacob. Grace was bouncing off the walls at the fact of being able to see her little brother or sister for the first time.

"Okay Connie, this is going to be very cold." Mr T said to Connie as she lifted up her top. Jacob was stood holding onto Connie's hand as a very excited Grace stood fidgeting next to him.
"Ow, that's cold." Connie said as he put the gel on her stomach and began to smooth it around.
"I did warn you." Mr T chuckled. He then turned the screen so that Connie, Jacob and Grace could all see it. "Would you like to know the sex of your baby?" Mr T questioned.
"Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!" Replied Grace whilst jumping up and down. Connie laughed slightly at how happy Grace was.
"Yes please." Connie replied as she and Jacob smiled nervously at each other.
"Well, congratulations, you are having a very healthy little girl."
"Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!" Was all everyone could hear as Grace stood doing a little happy dance in the corner of the room waving her arms about.
Connie and Jacob could both see how happy each other were and leaned in for a very gentle yet meaningful kiss.
"I think this means we need to have some celebratory ice cream, what do you think Grace?"
"I think that this day keeps getting better and better." Grace smiled before hugging her mum and Jacob, exiting the room and getting into their car.