Chapter 6

It had been a week since Jacob and Connie got back together and them and Grace couldn't be happier. Connie and Michael hadn't exactly been getting on this past week but they were civil with each other and could cope with working together. Jacob was also fine with Michael being there as Connie had reminded him that she only loved Jacob, not Michael.

Connie and Jacob had both started their shifts at 9:00 this morning and Grace was at school since it was a week day. Connie was half way through her shift when someone knocked on the door. "Come in" said Connie. It was Michael. "Hi er... So I just heard the news. Congratulations. You deserve happiness."
"Thank you." Connie said with a slight smile. By now most of the ED had heard that they had got back together but she thought he would of heard about this days ago, when most of the others did. They were both about to say something but at that moment in came Rita, who always seemed to come at the worst times, "Mrs Beauchamp we have an incoming RTC, ETA 3 minutes."
"Ok thank you Rita. Excuse me." She said to Michael before exiting her office and getting on with her job.

It was 2:30 and both Connie and Jacob had left the ED to go and pick up Grace from school. They figured that they would both do it today as they had some exciting news to tell her tonight. Something they hadn't told anyone else yet. Connie was pregnant...