Chapter 4: Caught

"Yaaaawwwn." 

You awoke to the sun's bright rays and cursed it for disturbing your well needed slumber. Wait. You quickly sat up in the unfamiliar bed with confusion and observed the new things around you. This is a room you had never been in before... 

Your eyes suddenly widened with embarrassment as you noticed the pile of cleaning supplies in the corner. You used a pillow to muffle your screaming, collapsing back on the bed. 

You walked into the mess hall with rosy cheeks and tried to avoid making eye contact with anyone. Your hair was still a mess and you had no time to change considering the situation. 

"(y/n)!" you stopped in your tracks and hoped to god you were hallucinating Hange's high toned voice. You looked back to see who it belonged to. Bad mistake. 

"Whoa what happened to you, ever heard of a hairbrush?" Hange mused. You rolled your eyes and continued walking. 

"Hey I was only joking geez, no need to act like a hungry titan or anything!" She awkwardly rubbed the back of her neck, grinning. 

You sighed heavily, "Did you need something, Hange?" 

"Oh right!" She grabbed her chin as if in deep thought, "There's a party going on in the mess hall tonight for all of us cadets! Erwin already gave us the a-okay, I wanted to verify your appearance!" 

You laughed,  waving her away, "Sorry Hange, not interested." The only big plans you had in mind for tonight were a warm shower and a long night of rest. 

"Hmm, I guess I'll just have give the corporal your condolences myself." 

You felt your face burn red hot. "What makes you think I'd care!" You yelled. Suddenly the whole room fell silent and turned to you. Hange got close to your ear and covered her mouth so the other cadets wouldn't hear. 

"I saw you go to the corporals room last night, but I never saw you leave." 

"You...saw..." You gulped down your embarrassment and threw your tray of food at Sasha, "I think I just lost my appetite." You muttered.  

She started calling it her 'precious' and eagerly scarfed it down. You a-lined to the exit in an effort to make a quick escape, Hange continuously calling after you. 

"Hey (y/n), I really do suggest that you come to the party tonight!" She finished 

Your pace sped up as you swiftly exited the mess hall. What the hell happened last night?