Chapter 11: Late

A slight tap on your door was all it took for you to shoot yourself out of bed. You looked at the time, realizing you had slept in an extra five minutes.

"Oi, (f/n), are you awake?"

You quickly replied "Who's there?", to which there was a short pause before the voice repeated itself.

You groaned as you jumped, literally jumped, into your jeans. Its been kinda a habit of yours to sleep pant-less, and no one knew you did it. After buttoning them, you did your best I-was-awake-this-whole-time voice and called out to the voice outside.

"Of course I'm up, how could I be replying to you if I wasn't?" You replied, slightly irritated by the fact that someone had woken you from your slumber, even if that someone was Levi.

"No." He threw back, "My knocking at the door woke you up, brat. You're as terrible at lying as you are at cleaning." You could sense the small smirk in his voice and couldn't help but smile yourself.

"Oh shut it." You grumbled clearly not expecting him to hear it.

"Tch. I heard that. Clean up and get dressed we have training in thirty minutes and you still haven't eaten." He muttered 'imbecile' before his footsteps slowly began to fade, leaving you to your own devices. His voice was calm and leveled today, almost happy.

With a groan you entered the bathroom and cleaned yourself up, the warm water washing away the tiredness from your body. When you were done, you came out in nothing but a towel and examined the uniform sprawled out on your bed.

Your fingers brushed over the wings of freedom emblem on the back of the leather jacket. Your years of training and everything you lost to get here crossed through your mind. Images of your still alive little sister (Name) came into view. You couldn't wait until your next free day when you could go visit her. Pride plastered upon your damp face.

It's a Monday, which meant hand-to-hand combat training. On your way out you prayed that you wouldn't get paired with Jean again, although it was an advantage since he couldn't lift a foot without stumbling on something. You and Eren joked around saying his horse-like face was too big for him to see the ground below him. This provoked an angry snort from the tall man, and a snort of laughter from the two of you.

The sounds of low chatter and plates clearing filled our ears as you entered the mess hall and took a seat next to Armin.

"Hey, Jean." You whispered leaning towards him. A table and a small walkway separated the both of you.

"What do you want (f/n)." He murmured, not diminishing his gaze from Mikasa. His chin was resting on the palm of his hand as he gazed dreamily into the raven haired girl.

"Take a picture, It'll last longer."

"Thanks for the wonderful advice." He shot back, turning away.

You smirked and finished off your meal, listening in on the small chatter of the cadets. Despite all the groans and complains you hear them making about training today, you actually liked hand-to-hand combat. Enjoyed it even. The rush of adrenaline was always exciting to you, and showing off your combat skills was even better.

You continued glancing around the room until your eyes landed on where your superiors sat. They normally sat at a separate table because, well, they had superior stuff to discuss. You sighed and looked at the dark figure sitting slightly apart from the rest of them. His Survey Corps jacket was draped over the back of the chair and his arm was resting over it. A hand was holding his cup of tea in his usual odd way as he half listened to Hanje's chattering. Levi had that usual straight face glare as his fingers drummed against the chair.

Your eyes glanced over to his shoulders and chest. By the way he was sitting, the white shirt he wore was tightened and you could see a brief outline of his muscular body...

As if reading your mind, Levi slightly turned his head in your direction. Your eyes darted away almost as quick as your cheeks began blushing.