Chapter 12: Training

The bright sunlight shined on your and the other cadets as you waited for your superiors to arrive. The hot sun was burning through your layers of clothing. Luckily, cadets were allowed to strip from the usual leather jacket and hoods during this time. The sound of heavy footsteps was the only thing that sopped you from making a sarcastic comment towards Jean, who was begrudgingly by your side. 

Every person saluted Corporal Levi and Hange as they made their way past the line of cadets.

"Today you will train in hand-to-hand combat!" Shouted Hange rather excitedly, provoking an annoyed 'tch' from Levi. 

"Out of commander Erwin's orders, we'll be training with you." He stated coldly. Everyone's eyes widened as they realized what that meant. You let out a small shiver as you were reminded of what happened the last time you trained with Corporal Levi. Hange giggled and turned to Levi, 

"You first." She stated with a demonic look. 

You paired up with Armin as everyone got into sparring positions. Because Mikasa and Eren were so closely bound together, you and Armin usually chose each other. Plus it was nice sparring with Armin, you didn't feel like you had to prove anything. 

You brought your hands up into a fist as Armin took a step backwards. You nodded to each other and began taking swings. 

Armin was about to take a step forward when he suddenly stopped. His arm suddenly reached up, his hand curling into a fist over his heart. 

A perfect salute as he stared fearfully at the figure behind you. Warily turning around, you gave a weak salute to Levi. 

"Yes Levi? You asked cautiously, provoking a wary glance from Armin. 

"Get in formation, Cadet (f/n)-" 

"But I already have a sparring partner." You stated quickly. Armin gave you a wide and fearful glance. 

"Tch. I wasn't done yet. Armin will be sparring with Jean over there. We never got to finish the last time we spared." 

You gulped down your embarrassment.

"Alright." You said wearily as Levi began walking away, nodding for you to follow. 

The blond boy threw you a worried glance as you followed your commander.