Chapter 1: "Broken"

(Aomine's P.O.V)

I'm in a deep hole....

A deep emotional hole, again!

Our story was supposed to end on that day, we should've never survived as a couple during that time.... He wasn't there and I didn't know how to get him back...

But we will get to that later....

~

Right now I can feel everyone slowly avoiding me, and everyone wanting my very existence to disperse from their presence. But as I've learned this is the feeling as the time draws nearer when our reports are due to the head of the police station, who is now me (and has been for almost 2 years).

I've been the Chief of the Tokyo Police ever since the previous one, my father, retired and named me to fill in his place. At the ceremony he stated that he never expected a guns-a-blazin' cadet (nor his son) to take his job but he couldn't be prouder, or something like that.

"Good Morning!" The savior of all my men walked in with some coffee for some of them and donuts for the others, his (hair color) hair and (eye color) eyes shined even so early in the morning "How's the kids? How's your day? You look great! Oh did you cut your hair?" He went around and made sure everyone was accounted for and made some small talk as he handed them their order for the day. "Is he in his office?" He asked one of my newer officers

"Y-Yes"

"Thank you" The sunshine to everyone's rainy day smiled as he walked into my office after a knock.

"Good morning, (First name)" I said before he could

"Good morning, Daiki" he replied with a grin from ear to ear.

It's been a bumpy road for the two of us these last six years, well if you count the mess in university I guess it would be eight years now. The relationship was rough at first, like most relationships, and I guess you could say that I was the one who was being difficult for the most part, but he gave his fair share of being difficult too.

"I've got to head to the elementary today, but other than that our plans for this evening should still be a go." (First name) smiled as he told me about his schedule for the day

"I should be good too, I mean I just have to fill out reports and get reports in. So unless someone dies or I'm forced to be on patrol today we should be good"

"Well I'm going to head out then, I have to get to grab some groceries, go talk to the adoption agency again, and then head to Kuroko's elementary class to read to the kiddos" He laughed as he waved bye to not only me but everyone else as well.

Okay yes, shut up. It does suck to, technically, share my man with others but after what happened our third year in college I highly doubt he'll be wanting another man (which I will tell you about later).

Most of the day went by fast, there was pissing and moaning coming from the officers who didn't want to send in their reports and there were complaints about a bunch of other things. I looked at the clock and about now would be when (First name) would be talking to the adoption agency.

For two years, when we got out of college and started our jobs, we applied to adopt a child. Back then we were instantly denied because of the lack of financial support we would be giving the child, but now with my well paying job and all the work that (first name) does on the side we have a well budgeted monthly support system, which is why (First name) is going back to the adoption agency (so he can hand them a documentation of our expenses and how much we have to give to the child). Our hope is to adopt two kids, I want a son and (First name) is hell-bent on a daughter, so I compromised and told him we could afford two kids.