Chapter 19: "Then Leave"

I slowly walked home, Takaya asleep in the stroller that I pushed.

This is happening? I began to talk to myself I'm really going to rip apart this relationship? Am I that self-centered? No... I'm not self-centered, I'm doing this for them-- I'm saving them from a hindered life.... This is not how our relationship should end, we should die old together.....

I unlocked the house door, my thoughts drowning me and making the walk go by quickly. I got the house and locked the door backup and walked into the house. I easily and quietly placed Takaya in her crib and sat at the kitchen table.

A piece of paper and pen out in front of me.

Am I really going to write a goodbye note? Am I really that cowardly?

I picked up the pen, trying to not second guess my second guess and began to write down my emotions:

Dear Daiki,

I don't want to do this, but it's for the best.... I'm leaving and when you read this I'll probably already be gone. I love you and Takaya and always will.

I wish you the best, and will miss you two.

Always and forever, (Full name).

Tears streamed down my face as I set the pen down and stood up. I reluctantly headed to the room and started packing my bags.

I placed shirts and pants, anything I could think of, but then I stopped.

Where will I even go?

I thought and thought but only one place stuck in my head. I'll probably die but.... I need a place to stay..

I picked up my cell phone and dialed his number.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's me" I replied to the coarse voice

"What the hell do you want?" He continued, seemingly struggling for the phone

"I-I...." I let out a breath "I need somewhere to stay for a while, to cool off.... Am I allowed--?"

"Get your ass over here, you bastard! You just left us like that!"

"I was planning on leaving tonight...."

"I'll buy you a fucking ticket! Just get your crass ass over here!" He hung up after that,

I let out a regretful sigh, and looked at my phone.... It seeping in that I called him for help... I promised myself that I'd never do that, but he's my only resort at this point.

I tossed my phone onto my bed and finished packing, after which I placed my phone in my back pocket and dragged two bags out into the kitchen where the note lay. I then walked into the nursery to say goodbye to my sleeping Takaya.

As I went to wake her from her sleep the front door opened and closed, I heard solemn footsteps in the front of the house and then a pause,

"NO!" He yelled "(FIRST NAME)?!" I heard him fall to his knees

"Daiki" I walked out, leaving Takaya asleep in her crib. I met eyes with him, his face red and streaming with tears

"(First name)?!" He stood "This isn't a funny joke! I can't believe you would--"

"This isn't a joke, Daiki"

"What?" He stared at me

"Daiki we have to end this relationship.... I have to go."

"W-What are you talking about? Wha... You can't! We've built everything on this relationship! Everything we have done has been for this relationship! What about Takaya? Do you want to throw everything away?" He tried to get his thoughts together