Chapter 13: "Empty"

(Male! Reader's P.O.V)

I felt a throbbing in my head, my eyes slowly opened and my face scrunching in pain. To my left a blur of a person exited my room without allowing me the chance to make a single noise out of my mouth; my ears began to pick up mumbles of noises, trying to form into words and everything surrounding me making a slurred sound as if a giant beeping monster.

I look around for Daiki, my heart racing that he's not right here beside me, and a machine in the blur of sounds matching my heart rate.

My mind finally focused, somehow every blurry line sharpened and every noise settled to its own individual song.

I managed to calm down, and look around to my surroundings

I'm in a hospital?

I slowly sat up, the bed helping me because my muscles are so sore from something. As I was fully seated up I noticed that I'm near the top floor of the hospital, quite a view from the top. I let out a breath, calming my scattered emotions-- to an extent-- and began to try to think clearly.

I sat in the room for a while, trying to think about what could've sent me here...

The only thing I can think of is Aomine and I back home eating. He made me food and we were finally mending our relationship..... But I have no clue what could've sent me here.

"Yes sir, I understand" An unfamiliar voice talked outside my door "I'll send you the most recent test results." The owner of the voice began walking into my room and then he walked fully into view-- him talking into a cell phone "Yes, Sir--" we met eyes and he dropped the phone

"Private?!" I heard Daiki's authoritative yell on the other end of the line calling through the phone that now lay on the ground. The kid, whom I've never seen before, quickly picked up the phone

"Sir you need to get down here, now!" he chanted extremely excited as he then hung up the phone. The kid looked at me as if I were a new find, as if seeing me was the best part about his whole day. "Mr. (Last name), you're awake!" He cheered

Confused, my brows furrowed and my head turned to the side which then brought an awkward pain along with it. I gripped my now throbbing head and tried to form words for the kid to get a nurse, when I spoke all that happened was air escaped my moving lips and not a single noise was audible. I quickly looked around, the kid standing in a daze not noticing my predicament, as I searched for a call nurse button.

Found it!

I grabbed the controller and frantically pressed the button, my thumb going numb. My head began to be in so much pain that it felt as though it was collapsing into itself, my eyes stopped being able to focus and I lost movement in my hand.

What's going on?!

"!" I heard yelling and frantic pitches of what I assume are supposed to be words but I am unable to make any of them out.

I'm moved to my back, quite roughly if I may add, my heart racing and my head in so much pain. Surrounding me are doctors and nurses alike, or so the blurs of white would indicate to a normal person.

Nothing is clear, nothing is audible, nothing... until I hear a scream all too familiar:

"(First name)?!" Daiki's voice shot through everything, the only thing I can clearly make out, but hearing him frantically calling my name and cursing to the nurses to let him go was not what I had in mind, "Don't tell me I can't be here! He's my--" He was interrupted "Damn you! So what if we aren't married, we will be! Like hell that's not good enough!" He's apparently fighting with nurses (or doctors) about staying in the room "I'm not leaving him alone!" The room then went silent as so did my vision and all feeling to my body.

(Aomine P.O.V)

"Sir you need to get down here now!" Private Vale called through the phone and abrasively hung up on me

"Vale!" I called into the phone

Damn it Vale! What's going on?! I told you not to hang up on me under any circumstance!

I quickly got up out of my desk and put on my uniform jacket as I walked out into the cruiser.

It's been two weeks since (First name) flatlined, the doctor's thankfully saved him and said that it was due to a drug preventing oxygen to his brain. He was then diagnosed as in a coma, that he himself induced, and has shown no sign of waking up since. I've sent Private Vale over to check up on (First name) for almost a week straight, after the staff kicked me out and told me that it would be better to go back to work.... Vale is still new to orders, being right out of the academy, but he should've understood the importance of this...

I got into the cruiser and turned the lights on as I sped down towards the hospital

I need (First name), walking into that house alone..... The silence.... It's enough to make a man go insane. It destroys me more and more each night. I need (first name) back...

I blame myself for this whole damn thing.... (First name) wouldn't have needed new medication if I wasn't being so bitchy about seeing Misugi a while back.

Speaking of that bastard, Misugi, I think I'd like to take a moment and celebrate that bastard being locked up for three consecutive life long trials. He's away for attempted manslaughter, just to name one, I can't think of all the other stuff we got him for but man does it make me happy that he's behind bars.

I just pulled into the hospital and ran out of my car, tossing the keys to a valet driver telling him to watch it but not to drive it (since that is against protocol).

I ran up flight after flight not wanting to wait for the elevator. I made it up six flights in full sprint as I rushed to room 621.

"Hurry we need--" I heard noises and help calling medical stuff in his room.

"(First name)?!" I called upon seeing him laying there, in a different spot than last time, I tried to enter the room but a male nurse stopped me

"Sir, you can't be here." he said as he tried to stop me "You have to wait outside the room"

"Don't tell me I can't be here! He's my--"

"Fiance, Sir. If you were married I might be able to let you in here but you aren't, so I have to ask you to--"

"Damn you! So What if we aren't married we are going to be!" I called.

I need to see him! If he's responding I need him to know I'm here!

"Sir, that's not good enough." Another male nurse chimed in trying to usher me out of the room

"Like hell that's not good enough!" I yelled almost forcing my at past the two until yet another male nurse grabbed me. The three ushered me out "I'm not leaving him alone!" I yelled as they closed the door behind them, they still held me back "I can't leave him alone again! He needs to know I'm here..... He needs to remember what we have, what we've been through together...." I broke down crying and fell to my knees "I need to see his shining (eye color) eyes as he tells me he's okay... I need to hear his laugh that just makes my whole world a better place...... I need him... (First name) I need you.... I'm so lonely without you..."