Chapter 1: Keep It Real

S p r i n g

Who would have thought that I would be standing on the streets of Tokyo, Japan? I actually got the chance to travel to the other side of the world with my older sister because of her job

Who would have thought that I would be standing on the streets of Tokyo, Japan? I actually got the chance to travel to the other side of the world with my older sister because of her job. It's spring as well, so everywhere I look, I am in awe. Being a college student, it's spring break too, so asking me to go with her was perfect timing.

"We're staying here for five days, but don't get too comfortable!" S/N exclaims to me after finally finding the room of the hotel we are going to be staying at.

"Oh, I'll try," I reply with a smile while admiring the scenery through the gigantic windows by the two queen-sized beds and couches.

Being a bit jet lag we decided to sleep the rest of the night.

• • • •

"Psst. Y/N, I'm going out. I'm leaving the key and some money on top of the small dresser beside you."

"Mmm..what?"

Barely understanding what S/N is saying because of being half-asleep, I open one eye while rubbing the other.

"I'll see you later. Just call or text me if you need anything."

"Huh? Okay.."

• • • •

"What time is it now- It's already 2:00 PM | 14:00?!"

Man, what a bum I am.

After stretching and cracking I'm pretty sure all of the bones in my body, I quickly pick out some casual clothes that seem appropriate for the weather outside, take a shower, and fix my hair. Afterward, I quickly grab the key that my sister left me, put the rest of my belongings in my bag, and leave the hotel to explore the city alone.

To not get lost, I have my phone. I want to visit every famous tourist spot and my favorite idol's favorite places!

It may sound ridiculous, but one of the main reasons why I wanted to come here in the first place is to not only experience capturing the many beautiful places that Japan is famous for with one's eye but to actually meet them in person somehow. Of course, there is no chance since I'm not staying here for a long time. Staying here means not missing any of their huge concerts. My favorite band just has to be touring to places where I will never get a chance to see them. And when I finally get to visit their hometown, they are somewhere else. What luck.

With this sudden realization, it's as if all the energy I had a moment ago got sucked out of me. However, my feet did lead me somewhere. I am now left standing in front of a fence made of iron bars that show a nice view of a river behind it.

"W-Where am I..? How did I even get here?"

I swear, I can be so dense sometimes, especially when I easily get lost in my own thoughts.