Chapter 22: Dreamer

Still dripping wet from being out in the rain, I allow myself to stand and let my back lean against my apartment front door until it fully shut and until my legs give out. When they do, the corner of my lips starts to tug into a smile while the apples of my cheeks begin to heat up which is enough to make me warm altogether.

Putting both of my hands on both sides of my cheeks, I squish them together.

...What a lucky girl I am.

Right now, I can't help but be a flabbergasted weirdo. If anyone were in my shoes even if they are completely soaking wet, who wouldn't be?

Eventually, I get up to head to the bathroom to shower, change into my pajamas, and get ready to sleep whatever that is left of the night away for another unforgettable tomorrow.

Nope.

I don't think it's possible.

There's no way I can when I am pretty much living a dream.

And because of it I barely get a wink of sleep. At least I got some that is, until someone wakes me up.

Just hearing a few knocks on my front apartment door makes my eyelids flutter open. As I check the clock to see what time it is, it only reads 8:00 AM | 8:00, which causes me to groan and head back to sleep with my cloud-like comforter that I pull over my head and cover my whole body with.

"Y/N, open the door!" I hear FCFS/N muffled shouting.

I hope this is just a dream..no..this must be a nightmare.

"Y/N, I know you're in there. Open the door!"

"You're going to disturb my neighbors..!" I shout-whisper to FCFS/N after finally opening the door since I have enough of his yelling.

"We need to talk."

"We're already talking though..?"

"That's not what I meant. I mean- can I just come in?"

Carefully analyzing his face for some time, a part of me suddenly tells me to just let the guy in to listen to him.

And so, I slowly move aside while opening the door for FCFS/N to come in.

"Your father's company should be stable for now. It's his decision when it comes to what he wants to do with the money I gave him."

"Uhuh....Huh?! What money-"

"I think it would be best if you help him with that part at least. In this situation, that is all my father and I can help you and your family with."

"W-Why-"

"Because your father needs it?"

"No, that's not- You know what I mean."

"Because your father needs it...and as an apology."

I'm about to interrupt him this time, but I don't because it turns out it was the right thing to do when I listened to my instincts earlier.

"Sorry for what I did when I tried to take you all for myself. That was wrong. Seriously, I don't know why we met but someone once told me that everything is timing. 'If something is meant to happen it will and for all the right reasons.' I never understood that until now. Yesterday I saw that timing was perfect for you with that guy. For me I don't know but you opened my eyes. Me helping you and your family out is just another way of saying thanks. Alright, alright..I'm done."

FCFS/N suddenly turns around to open the front door this time and turns back around after stepping outside to face me again.

"I have to say..that was touching for a guy like you, but then again I should be the one saying thank you too," I genuinely yet smartly reply as I hold the side of the door to stay open.

"Bye," FCFS/N softly chuckles before saying and walking away.

"Bye."

'...for all the right reasons,' huh?