Chapter 23: Taking Off

After FCFS/N visited this morning, it isn't until later in the afternoon do I realize that I had fallen back asleep. What wakes me up, which I am surely thankful of, is not my alarm clock that I repeatedly shut off whenever it rings but the sound of being spammed by someone text messaging me.

Stranger

[Image of Taka who just woke up in bed]

Morning sunshine

Not up yet? (≧∇≦)

[Image of Taka in a practice room]

Afternoon beautiful

The moment I pick up my phone to check it, I'm met with a few text messages by Mister Stranger. Reading them with still tired yet now awake eyes, something simple as a few text messages immediately put a smile on my face.

[Image of yourself who just woke up in bed]

Afternoon

[Image of shut blinds]

Help

If I open these I die

It takes Taka a while to respond back, but when he does, I'm already sitting up on my bed, looking through my blinds that I force myself to open with squinting eyes.

😂😂

😑

Looking through the blinds, I see that the weather is nicer than it is before when I peek through the door to open it for FCFS/N this morning—something that I don't think is possible after going through such insane weather last night that continued on even as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

After finally getting up out of my bed, I go do my usual routine. I eat and do all that jazz to get ready for what's in store today.

Y/N

Can you meet me at Place/N at 3:00 PM | 3:00 later?

While I'm eating I suddenly get a text from F/N. She must still be upset that I still haven't responded to any of her calls or messages yet. I understand though. She can be seriously worried sometimes, but she has her reasons. Part of it is just being a good friend. Everyone has at least one of those people in our lives and to the end, I am grateful for her being in my life, so I meet up with her after eating and getting changed.

• • • •

"So..I heard ONE OK ROCK is having a concert here today."

"Hrm?"

I sip my coffee as I barely answer.

"And I know that you are going to go to that concert to see not only ONE OK ROCK but Taka."

Knowing where this conversation is going, I decided that I'll be straightforward with every response I give her now.

"Is it really so bad to want to be with him?"

"I told you what I thought about all of this before, Y/N. My answer is still the same too so yes!"

"Even after what happened last night?"

"....Is that why you weren't responding to any of my...What did I miss out on now?"

Without any hesitation, I tell her exactly what happened yesterday and last night which F/N listens with full attention. I also mention what had happened just this morning with FCFS/N. However, throughout the time that I'm explaining, although I knew that F/N is listening, I can't really tell how she feels about all of this because of the way she has her poker face on.