Chapter 10: Heartache

Classes finally end, giving F/N the opportunity for her to sneak up on me and question me.

"So where were you last night? I tried calling you after work but you never picked up."

There is no way I can tell her that I was out with Taka all afternoon yesterday. She would most likely believe me, but that's not the point. Knowing her, there would be nonstop teasing. She would probably even 'ship' us together like what she does with the rest of the couples she's come to love when it comes to all the shows she watches especially since she knows the history of what happened between the two of us. What happened last night was probably a once in a lifetime thing, so it won't even matter if I told her. Taka is going to be crazy busy again and won't waste his time with me. At least..that's what I think. I don't know why, but thinking like that pierces my heart..

Who am I kidding?

It's been a while since I had that much fun with someone. I don't want to accept the fact that I'm not going to keep contact with him again for a while. I'm just clouding my mind with unnecessary thoughts to blind myself of the reality that I'm afraid will likely affect me in the future. I tend to do this from time to time depending on the situation that it became a habit. I allow my mind to be drowned in lies until I know that something inside of me tells me that I can't take it anymore. It's a bad thing and I will always blame all of it on a certain past I had with someone, or my ex-boyfriend.

"Earth to Y/N, are you there?"

"Huh?"

"Nevermind. Is it okay if I come over today?"

"Sure."

• • • •

Once F/N and I arrive at my apartment, we chill for a while in the living room doing whatever until F/N sees something that I never wanted her to see.

"Y/N, tell me why do I see E/N's page opened up on Facebook??"

Before she even finishes her sentence, I take my laptop from her bare hands and closed it shut.

"I..."

There really is nothing I can say that will make her stop questioning me about it. He was a person who was a huge part of my life in the past and F/N was there to experience the process and aftermath of it all.

"I was just curious to see how he's doing now."

That wasn't a lie. I really was curious.

"That's bullshit. How can you still be curious about that dick after what he's done to you? He just threw you away-"

"Of course I remember! I also know what I should and shouldn't do."

"Then why did you something ridiculous as this?"

Something inside of me breaks. I feel a part of me becoming emotionally unstable. My eyes starting to slightly burn with agony, causing droplets of tears to blur my eyesight. Before any fall though, I try to hold everything in by repetitively blinking and swallowing my dry throat.

"I can't be the least bit curious about someone's well-being?"

"Okay, if you're that curious might as well talk to the guy too."

"What?! What are you doing?? You're the one being ridiculous now..!"

"I'm just going to hit the friend button..."

"St-"

Before I can put a stop to F/N's actions by tackling her down, she already requested me to be his friend.