Chapter 19: I Miss You

"Y/N, you're dismissed from work today."

"Why all of a sudden..?"

Before I can ask my boss a single question as to why I'm being relieved from work so suddenly, he leaves the room.

Um. Okay, I guess.

Shrugging it off, I quickly gather my things to get out of this huge building I work at every weekday. But once I walk through the automatic exit doors to the outside, I immediately get the answer to my question from earlier.

"Hello again."

I don't see him. I never saw him. Just walk. Keep walking towards your car-

"Yeah, avoiding me won't work even if you do ignore my texts and calls like how you've been doing for the past few days now," FCFS/N—who I've been trying to avoid forevergives me a smart comment after catching up to me and blocking my way from getting even one step closer to my car.

"Well, what do you want?" I say in return while crossing my arms across my chest.

"Let's go on a date."

"I already said that I don't want to see you again, which includes not wanting to go on dates with you. I'm sorry, but there's nothing that will change my mind about that. Now, if you'll excuse me."

I try to move past the guy, but that definitely doesn't work. He ends up moving in front of me once more.

"I'm asking for just one date. One- How about this..If I don't change your mind after this one date, then I'll leave you alone."

"I'm telling you that's not possible."

"For now that doesn't matter to me."

"By the way don't you have work or something?"

"I took a whole day off just for today."

This guy sure is persistent...

Really thinking about it though, it really won't hurt to go on ONE date with FCFS/N, especially if he won't leave me alone.

"Okay. Fine."

After FCFS/N leads the way to his expensively nice car while being a gentleman to the end, opening my side of the car's door for me, he decides to take me to who knows where. Supposedly, he's going to surprise me.

Soon, FCFS/N parks and opens my side of the car's door again, this time, waiting patiently for me to get out. And after getting out, my eyes immediately catch sight of old yet fancy-looking buildings from houses to shops to restaurants. I really didn't know such a place exists here and I've lived here for how long now? I have to admit this place is nice, but I force myself to not take too much interest in things, or at least not to make it obvious to the guy.

About an hour already passes and the time we spend together so far consists of FCFS/N starting conversations following up with saying a few words to each other, going up to things that catch my eye then walking out and-even though I refuse-takes the souvenirs and lunch that FCFS/N offers to buy along the way for me.

"I'm guessing you're not the type of girl to be into these things..Shopping," FCFS/N mentions to me out of the blue.

"When it's on a first date...," I say in return in an uncertain voice while staring and picking at some clothes hanging on a rack in a small shop.

"I thought this would be a typical thing that any girl would like to do, including you."

"Exactly."

"Then what do you suggest we do other than this?...That..?"

Through the transparent walls of the shop, it's obvious that FCFS/N spots something from afar. The moment it catches his eyes. he walks towards the transparent door that isn't far at all from where we are standing and opens it to head towards the place that interests him. At the same time, he also makes sure I'm not completely left behind.