Chapter 4: Suddenly

By the time I arrive back to the room, S/N is already asleep.

"Sorry S/N..I'll be using your phone real quick," I whisper while slowly sliding out her phone from underneath her pillow.

After I get her phone, I go straight to the bathroom and slowly closed the door, making as little sound as possible so I don't wake her. I then take out the paper that the employee I recently spoke to handed to me. For some reason, I feel nervous dialing the number on the phone.

「もしもし。」
("Moshi moshi.")
("Hello.")

Immediately when I hear a familiar voice, I want to gasp, but I force myself to hold it in.

「どちら様ですか。」
("Dochira sama desuka.")
("Who is this?")

"It's the girl that you said 'fuck you' to this morning."

Through the phone, I can hear Stranger laughing out loud like crazy at my words.

"Sorry. It was just a joke."

"Oh, I know. So do you think you can give me back my phone?"

"Right now?"

"Um..Sure? If you're okay with that."

"I don't care. I'm not doin' anythin' right now. Where are you?"

"Just meet me in front of the restaurant."

"Okay bye."

"Bye."

Before going to meet the guy, I put back my sister's phone where I last found it.

• • • •

I should have come last minute.

I'm standing outside to the point where my body is shivering on the inside. I cross my arms to expect my body to be somewhat warm after doing so, but nope.

"How long have you been standing there?"

I turn around to face the direction where I hear the same familiar voice from earlier.

"Too l-l-long," I stutter back.

"Here," the stranger says while handing me my phone.

"Thanks," I try to reply back without stuttering while grabbing my phone out of his hand.

"No problem..You'll catch a cold if you're shaking like that."

"I'm f-fine. I'm used to this w-w-weather."

"...Really?"

"Yeah! The weather is l-like this back at h-home too."

I try to play it cool, but being the loser I am and because of this constant shivering, I fail miserably. As for the guy who is a meter ahead of me, he takes off his jacket to put it out in front of me. He holds it in one hand while he shoves his other hand into his front jean pocket.

"Here."

"I told you I'm fine!"

"Just take it."

"No-"

Suddenly, the stranger who is now just a few centimeters away from me spreads his jacket out to let it sit on top of my shoulders. He then releases my arms that are currently crossed together to help me put my arms through the sleeves of his jacket. He's a bit taller than me, so my eyes rest on his collarbone and chest from time to time. Also from where I am, I can easily smell the scent of cologne coming from him.

"There," the stranger proudly says as he places his both of his hands on top of my shoulders while taking a step back to get a good look at me.

All I do is look back at him and pout.