Chapter 7: The Answer

W i n t e r

"Y/N, what are you doing just standing there?! Help out!"

Hearing my father's deep, wretched voice exploding in my ears from behind me, I face my body away from the snowy, mountain landscape that looks like a painted portrait to gaze at the trunk full of baggage.

My family and I are spending time together in a cabin we rent every year. They call this camping, but to me, this certainly is not close to camping.

"Are we done yet?" I ask.

"Stop whining and keep unloading," my dad answers me with a bark when he walks through the already opened front door.

Once my father and I get done unloading, I unpack all of my clothes and belongings while the rest of my family members unpack as well. One group by one do my family members start arriving. They unload and unpack their things too. Sooner or later, chatter is heard everywhere in the living room.

"Let's go fishing Pops!" my S/N screams out in excitement.

"Man, tomorrow morning! I just want to relax and drink alcohol!!"

As my dad finishes his lines my uncles, aunts, and cousins start to laugh out loud. It's so contagious that I can't help but join in.

• • • •

"You ready Y/N?!" S/N screams out to me.

"We just arrived after I don't know how many hours..Are you sure it's a good idea to play in the snow right now?"

"Hell yeah! It's still the afternoon and the sun is still shining plus there are beautiful pictures to take..!"

"Of course you wouldn't say no to this opportunity of taking pictures."

S/N uncomfortably winks at me, making me roll my eyes.

Once we arrive at our destination, we put our scarves and mittens on to keep ourselves even warmer. Some of the kids jumped in the car with us before we left, so we help them put their mittens and scarves on afterward.

Turns out there are other people besides us here, but only a few since S/N says this place isn't exactly known to tourists. We visited this area many times before when camping, so I'm not surprised she found such a place.

"How did you guys get so far?!" I question with a good scream so S/N and the children ahead can hear clearly.

"You're just slow! We're heading up this way! Catch up if you can!!!"

S/N told me along the way here that she wants to get a good view of the vast scenery of the mountains and hills that are fully covered with trees and drowned in the snow, so it's only normal that she's heading to the highest point of this area.