Chapter Twelve

As soon as we walked up to the door, a short, stout woman with dark brown hair opened the door and pulled Allie into a hug.

"I'm so tired of all this shit," I heard the woman I'm assuming to be Carolynn whisper to her.

Tyler cleared his throat, "Mom, this is Auden. The girl that's, uh, staying with Allie and Charlie, and Mason keeps going on about."

The expression on the woman's face changed completely. Instead of sorrowful and worried, she smiled and looked at me.

"Well sweetheart," she started. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Carolynn, I know you've obviously met my boys."

I smiled, still confused on the whole situation for the most part, "It's nice to meet you too."

"Well," she continued, "No sense in just standing outside. Come in, come in."

We all made our way into the unorganized house and into the living room.

I sat down in a chair, and Tyler sat in an identical chair on the other side of the couch while Allie and Carolynn sat next to each other and talked.

He talks about me? What do I even do now?

I didn't know any of these people very well, and the longer I stayed the more unsure I was about everything that was happening behind the scenes.

Maybe I just need to get out of here...