Chapter Ten

When I opened the door, I felt my face turn bright red.

The man I was looking at wasn't Mason. Not even close, actually.

The man I was looking at stood at just barely below six feet tall. He was very clearly some sort of Hispanic, and barely over thirty. He had jet black hair as dark as his eyes, that was buzzed short above his head. His facial was close to the same length. His face was the perfectly sculpted and beautiful. His muscular arms seems to barely have enough room in his tight, black shirt, and the left one, as well as his neck, had black ink covering his skin. He smiled a perfectly crooked smile at me.

"Hello, beautiful," he greeted softly with an unplaceable accent. "What is your name?"

I stuttered, "I... I, uh, I'm Auden."

"Well, Miss Auden, is Charlie here?"

I shook my head.

The man sighed and rubbed the back of his head, "Well if you wouldn't mind, tell him Nico would like to hear from him. Otherwise I'll be back. Can you do that for me, sweetie?"

I nodded and closed the door as he left.

A few minutes later I heard the purr of Mason pulling into the drive, so I quickly stepped outside and waited for him to stop.

He smiled at me as he walked over.

"How are you doing?" He asked, smiling down at me from just inches away.

I looked up at him, completely forgetting about the day's events.

Then I remembered Nico, "Oh! Do you know where Charlie is? I need to tell him something."

Instead of saying anything, Mason pulled out his phone and started calling someone.

I chewed on my lip as I watched him.

"Here," he said, handing me his phone. "It's Charlie."

"Hello," I said hesitantly as I put the phone to my ear.

I heard his deep voice respond, "Auden, is everything okay?"

"Oh, yeah. I was just supposed to tell you that some guy named Nico jus-"

"Nico?!" I was cut off as both Charlie and Mason shouted the name.

"Listen, Auden. I need you and Mason to come to the shop right now, okay? Tell him he needs to call the guys."

With that the phone call ended, and I handed it back to Mason.

"He said-" I started.

Mason nodded, "I know. Come on, you aren't staying here."

What the hell is going on?

After sending what I'm assuming was a text, we were off down the road.

When we pulled up to a car shop moments later, I saw bike after bike parked along the side of the building as well as a large number of men wearing the apparently mandatory vest.

Charlie walked up to us immediately, "Auden what exactly did he say?"

"He just said to tell you that he came by and wanted you to get ahold of him otherwise he'd be back," I answered weakly, fearing I'd done something wrong.

Mason snorted, "He's got a set of balls on him, coming around here."

Charlie shot him a dirty look, "Mason. This isn't something to joke about. He came to my house. What if he does something to hurt Allie or Auden? This isn't just a little rivalry anymore. He's taking it too far."

Mason nodded.