Pouch

Ryu and Rafitagan sat together on the giant lumbering beasts. Luckily, his partner was was wasting away in his private carriage. When the animal reached the hilltop, he and Rafitagana could see the mismatched rooves of Swirdin's slums, and the gray stone wall of the Swirdin Walls. The sight of this mess made his eyes sore, so he focused on the meadow outside the walls instead. He whipped the animal to go faster so Terredsi wouldn't notice anything wrong. If he came out now, Ryu would be beaten to death.

"Well, this is the time we part ways," Rafitagana said. "As a token of my gratitude, I shall give you something of importance. "She unclipped a pouch from her belt and handed it over to Ryu. "Open it only when you decide that this carreer is pointless. " she hopped off and walked into a nearby forest.

Ryu never believed in the legend of the Giver, but he was about to reconsider it. For now, he shrugged it off and continued moving. He was so close to Swirdin. If only he could see if his friend was alive.

"Faster Ryu! We don't have all day!" his companion shouted.

He did as ordered and hit the trascesk. The caravan rolled faster downhill.

Step by step, Ryu. Step by painful step.

The caravan was on its way to one of the greatest cities in Alsdoria.