Chapter 8

(Edited)

Grayson's POV
I woke up the next morning at eleven (yes I know I'm lazy) and I walked into the bathroom and got a shower. After I was done I got dressed in a dark gray shirt and a pair of dark blue jeans. I walked out of my room and down the stairs.

My room is on the top floor of the pack house (which is three stories) along with two other rooms that are for my beta and delta (third in command) but both of them live in their own homes so it's just me and two empty rooms. One the second floor is my office, my mom's room, an extra room (all rooms have a bathroom). On the last floor is the kitchen, living room, dining room and another bathroom.

Once I got to my office, sat down and started on some paperwork. After about an hour of filling out paperwork and talking to other Alphas (over the phone) about rogues. There was a knock at the door "come in" I said. Just then my mom opened the door and said "lunch is ready if your hungry. "Okay. Be down in a sec." I replied "Don't be too long or it will get cold" She said as she was leaving. I put the rest of the papers in a stack on my desk and got up to go eat. My mom had made sandwiches. After eating it was twelve so I watched tv for about thirty minutes. It was now twelve thirty and I figured I would go over to Alex's and see if she is awake. I thought may be we could go for a run.

Alex's POV
I woke up at noon yes I like to sleep in, my parents had already left my dad had to go to work and my mom probably had a teachers meeting or something but, now I'm sitting on the couch still in my pajamas watching The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. It was about two when I heard a knock on the door. I knew it was Grayson by his scent and I decided I would see how long he would wait because I wasn't going to get up anytime soon I know I'm lazy. He could just come in but my mom and dad lock the door when they leave for work. He knocked again but, louder. "Alex I know your in there open the door" he said "Ugh okay" I said while getting up. I opened the door to see Grayson. "Come in" I said. "Did you just get up?" He asked while coming in and sitting in the recliner. "did you just call me lazy?" I asked in a joking voice. "No, no I was just asking." He said "I have been up for an hour." I said "Well do you want to go for a run?" He asked "sure let me go get changed" I replied "Okay" he said. I walked up stairs to my room and closed the door. I walked over to my closet and picked out a pair of denim shorts and a purple tye die tank top, then walked into the bathroom to get ready. After I was done in the bathroom I walked down stairs to see Grayson watching tv. He hadn't even changed the channel and seemed to be enjoying City of Bones. "Hey you know you should read the books first." I said getting his attention. "Umm no I don't read but the movie is pretty good so far." He said "but, the books are better" I replied. "Okay whatever, ready to go?" He asked "yeah" I turned off the tv and grabbed my phone. We walked out the door and headed towards the woods after fifteen minutes we were there and we both went behind a tree to undress and shift. Once I shifted I walked out from the to see Grayson, are you ready to run Grayson asked me through our mind link yes I replied and took off.

Our run lasted for about an hour before we headed to Grayson's house. When we got there I followed Grayson up the stairs to his office. He sat at his desk and I sat on the couch. Then my phone dinged, I opened up and sweet a message from my mom (Alex's mom works at the elementary school as a teacher)

Don't stay out to
late tnight there is
school tmro

I thought school
was cancelled for
the rest of the week

I went to a meeting
this mornin with the
Principle and he said
that school will actually
start tmro

ugh ok

"Who are you texting?" Grayson asked "oh my mom, she said that we have to go to school tomorrow." I said "really?" He asked "yep."

I stayed in the office and helped Grayson talk to the Alphas (over the phone) for two freaking hours. Then I had to go home. I told Grayson bye and walked home. I walked into the door to the smell of lasagna. "Mom I'm home" I said "okay Alex, dinner should be ready at six" my mom replied "Okay I'm going to go get a shower." I said. She said 'Okay' as I was walking up the stairs to my room. I walked in and went to my dresser and grabbed my pajamas and headed to the bathroom.

Once I was done in the shower i got dressed and walked down to the kitchen since it was almost six. Right when I got down to the kitchen mom was setting the table. So I walked over and helped. We had just finished setting the table and putting the food on the plates when my dad walked in the door. "Mmmm lasagna." My dad said which caused me and my mom to laugh. We all sat down and started eating. About ten minutes later there was a knock on the door. "I'll get it." I said as I got up and headed to the door. I opened it to see Ashley (Abby's mom) , Abby (Tracy's friend), and Tracy. "Hello Luna." Ashley said "you can just call me Alex, and my mom is in the kitchen if you want to talk to her." I replied "oh no its fine I will just call her later. I just came to bring Tracey home but I've got to go, I will talk to you later." She said "okay bye Ashley." She waved bye and left. I closed the door then me and Tracy headed to the kitchen to eat. "Ashley said she would call you later" I said to mom as I was sitting down. "Okay" she said. After eating dinner my dad told us to go brush our teeth and go to bed. So I said goodnight to mom and dad and headed up stairs to my room where I brushed my teeth, plugged in my phone, and went to bed.