Chapter 12

Paris' POV

I could hear Shane's footsteps not far behind me .. but instead of following me he kept straight down the hall to his office as I turned the corner to go into the kitchen.. I took the lasagna out of the oven and slammed it closed !! I was pissed, and the fact that it was Zya out of all people made it even worse .. I had forgotten all about the fact that police had just showed up at my doorstep looking for my husband !! I heard Shane on the phone with who I guessed to be Chino ..

Shane: shut every thing down !! these bitches done showed up at my doorstep, & they'll only do that if they got somethin to back that shit up with .. everything froze .. ain't shit goin in or out ......... I don't give a damn, for all I know them mu'fuckas could be helping them bitches !! I'll be there in a minute ..

I looked at the clock and it was going on seven, my phone started ringing just as Shane headed for the front door ..

Paris: hello

Celeste: my babies back yet ?

Paris: yeap ..

Celeste: well bring them up to the hospital so they can see us ..

Paris: (sighed) ok mama ..

I hung up before she could say anything else .. I packed the twins a bag then got Marta to help me get them in the car .. The drive to the hospital seemed longer than usual .. My mind was everywhere .. I was hurt more than anything .. but I couldn't deny the fact that I loved him .. I wasn't ready to pack up & leave but I wasn't ready to stick around either .. The parking lot at the hospital was starting to thin out considering visiting hours was almost up .. We had about 45 minutes until we had to leave .. I had a kid in each arm and a purse & baby bag wearing me down .. I was at the elevator when this guy walked over to me asking could he help me .. He had caramel skin, a fresh fade, light brown eyes and a perfect white smile .. I declined his offer considering I didn't trust anyone after I was kidnapped .. I definitely didn't trust anyone with my kids .. I had my pistol in my purse at all times & wasn't afraid to use it .. Shane had made sure to get me one after the whole incident .. but he was handsome .. we got on the elevator and headed to the fourth floor .. I could see him eyeing me but I ignored him .. then he spoke ..

"I'm Saint"

I looked at him and smirked

Paris: your mama name you that ?!

Saint: (laughed) naw .. what's your name ?

Paris: Paris ..

The elevator doors opened and I didn't miss a beat stepping off .. I couldn't wait to get in that room ..
As soon as I stepped inside my mom took the kids ..

Celeste: hi granny babies .. (kissed them)

Paris: don't kiss them ma ..

Celeste: oh hush it wont hurt them ..

Paris: (sot down) well i would prefer if you didn't ..

She ignored me and kept playing with the kids .. as lia came over to me and sat in my lap ..

Trey: Aye P .. I gotta talk to you ..

Paris: about ?

Trey: ma give us a minute ..

Celeste: .... (sucked her teeth) it ain't nothing you can't tell her around me ..

Trey: ma .. please ..

Celeste: .. ok .. come on lia .. let's take the baby's downstairs ..

They left out and closed the door ..

Paris: what's up ?

Trey: Did Bennett & Smith come by your house ?

Paris: .... how do you know about that ?

Trey: I sent them ..

My eyes got wide as I stood up and stared at my brother as if his brain had just grew legs and hopped out his head ..

Paris: you what ?! (Walked over to him )

Trey: everything I'm about to tell you is confidential Paris .. I told them everything I know about Shane's operation ..

I was stuttering I was so speechless .. I couldn't grasp what the fuck kind of drugs my brother had to have been smoking ..

Paris: are you fucking crazy ?! What in the hell is wrong with you Trey ?! Have you fuckin lost it ?! Why would you do that ??

Trey: you're my baby sister Paris .. imma protect you by any means necessary ..

I couldn't believe what I was hearing ..

Paris: what are you protecting me from ? Trey ?

Trey: him !! Paris I know that ain't no damn rash around your neck .. I ain't stupid !!

Paris: Trey .. You're my brother and I love you .. but stop it !! J .. just fuckin stop it !! That man is my kids dad, he's my husband, it's none of your business what we do in our home !! You're about to take my kids dad away from them if the police get too deep inside .. you're crazy !! Not to mention if Shane finds out you're gonna be dead ..

Trey: he the one shot me Paris !!

Paris: what ?! Stop it !!

Trey: I'm tellin your ass the truth what I gotta lie for ?!

Paris: why would he shoot you ?! And if he shot you he would've killed you !!

Trey: because I stole damn near a half a mill from him .. & the only reason he spared me was because of you

Paris: If you're brave enough to do that .. then that was on you .. don't bring my kids into you and Shane's beef ..

Trey: (sighed) I'm doing this ..

I shook my head ..

Paris: well since you've made your choice I'm making mine .. I turned around to walk out the door ..

Trey: Paris !!

I kept walking and went to find my mom to get my kids .. Brother or not he was stepping on the wrong toes leaving me in a fucked up situation ..