Chapter 15

Paris' POV

Pulling into the yard my worst nightmare became a reality .. Sitting outside of our house were about ten police cars .. Lights flashing everywhere, Shane stopped the car in the middle of the driveway & looked at me ..

Shane: call my lawyer & my brother and tell him what's up if they ain't already showed up to his house ..

Tears were flowing down my face

Shane: wipe your face girl this shit gonna be over soon .. I promise ..

He kissed me as he put the car in drive and drove up to the house .. They were standing there waiting as he stopped the car .. No time was wasted as they opened his door yanking him out .. Shane smiled at me through the window as they put his hands in cuffs and threw him into the back of the police car .. I opened the door and got out the car as Detective Bennett approached me ..

DB: hello Mrs.Carter ..

I folded my arms and just stared at him ..

DB: Your husband maybe going away for a long time.. I suggest you get ready for some financial cut backs.. all of this won't be here for long

I smirked at him & walked away ..I got into the drivers seat of Shane's car & pulled off .. I dialed Shane's lawyers number then called Shamar .. once I got off the phone with him I headed to the hospital.. this shit had to come to back end !! I power walked damn near ran through the hospital hallways .. as I approached my brothers room I noticed two police officers guarding his door .. They stopped me from going in as I tried to walk right past them ..

Officer: who are you ?

Paris: Im his sister !!

Officer: what's your name ?

Paris: (rolled my eyes) Paris !! Now move !!

I pushed past them and slammed the door ..

Paris: you goin all fuckin out aren't you !!

Trey: hey to you too !!

Paris: Trey Shane is in jail because of you ..

Trey: and ?!

Paris: uuugghh !! What is wrong with you ?!

Trey: I'm doin what I gotta do .. that nigga got me up in this hospital with all kind of shit hooked up to me !!

Paris: the shit you doin is real petty & bitch like !! If you got a problem with him you take it up with him !! I don't know why you got the fuckin police involved ..

Trey: You actin like he ain't almost kill me !! Your on damn brother !!

Paris: & you actin like you ain't steal a half a million dollars from him, me, your niece & nephew !! When you could've just asked and he would've damn near gave it to you !!

Trey: a half a mill ain't shit to Shane..

Paris: it don't fuckin matter !! You could've asked .. but you stole it knowing damn well the man is a fuckin psycho.. shit you asked to be here !!

Trey: whateva

Paris: yeah, whatever my ass !! You know if they sentence him they seizing all bank accounts, taking the house, cars, everything right ?

Trey stared at me

Paris: were you thinking about the fact that he pays my bills, takes care of me, your mama, your little sister, your niece, your nephew, & he was paying you !! But you stole from him .. He could've killed you but he spared you .. now your feelings are hurt and you want to take everybody down with you right ? (Laughed)

Trey: take all the money out the accounts problem solved !!

Paris: (smirked) you dont get it do you !!

Trey: (sighed)

Paris: that's my husband and his kids are my kids .. and I'm gonna do what I feel is best for them by any means.. (walked away)

Trey: whateva ..

I walked out of the room pissed as hell .. my brother was fuckin delusional and selfish .. I couldn't even stand to talk to him anymore .. I called Shamar as soon as I hit the parking lot ..

Shamar: what's up ..

Paris: have you heard anything about Shane ..

Shamar: I can't go up there .. they lookin for me too .. I sent Kelsey .. she said they gotta set a trial date for him ..

Paris: (got in the car) so .. he has no bail ?

Shane: nope ..

Paris: (sighed) shamar tell me he's gettin out of this ..

Shamar: not unless we get rid of whoever that fuckin informant is .. without him they got no case ..

Paris: (sighed) fuck !! Ok (hung up)

I sat in my car crying on the steering wheel .. I had a bad feeling in my gut and I knew it wasn't good .. Then someone tapped on my window .. I looked up to see it was Saint .. I rolled my eyes and let my window down ..

Paris: not now !!

Saint: what's wrong with you ? You & Shane broke up ?

Paris: haha !! You done ?

Saint: (smiled) what's wrong ?

I looked around wondering could I even trust him ..

Paris: nothing ..

Saint grabbed my phone out my hand and saved his number..

Saint: if you need to call me.

Paris: for ?!

Saint: (laughed) anything !!

Paris: for Shane to be your boy you real disrespectful ..

Saint: Me & Shane doin business together .. the only loyalty I owe him is business wise. .

Paris: but still .. it's certain stuff you just dont do out of respect !! & you may think you don't owe him any loyalty but I do !! (Held up my ring finger)

Saint: he loyal to you ?

Paris: his actions dont change mine (cranked up my car)

Saint: call me ..

I smirked & drove off ..