Chapter 29

Paris' POV

The ride home was quiet, Shane looked mad as hell the entire time.. I on the other hand was in deep thought !! Everything seemed to be falling apart.. my mom was turning on me when I needed her the most, my brother hated me, my bestfriend was dead & to top it off my marriage was on ice .. I grabbed Shane's hand & squeezed it as he drove back into the city .. the feeling in the pit of my stomach was still there & something was telling me it was going to get worse before it got better !! When we pulled up into the yard Chino was in his car waiting for us to arrive ..

Chino: what's up Paris

Paris: hey ..

Shane: you got the money ?

Chino: yeap (held up the duffel bag)

Shane grabbed the bag out of Chinos hands while heading into the house .. I went upstairs to get the smell of that warehouse off of me .. I took a quick shower then wrapped up in a towel to go outside on my bedroom balcony ..

I sat down & dialed Kelsey's number

I sat down & dialed Kelsey's number .. it started ringing as I poured myself a glass of wine ..

Kelsey: hello ..

Paris: hey babe ..

Kelsey: what's up

Paris: what you doin ? Let's go somewhere, I'm bored !!

Kelsey: .. (sighed) girl I can't, I'm cramping bad as hell .. my ass been in the bed all day !!

Paris: poor tink .. you need me to bring you anything ?

Kelsey: naw, I'm alright .. but thanks though ..

Paris: I guess I'm stuck in the house for the rest of the day then ..

Kelsey: sorry honey .. I wish I could get out of this house ..

Paris: its ok .. I guess I'll cook ..

Kelsey: where's Shane ?

Paris: him & Chino downstairs

Kelsey: .. oh, well call me later .. I'm about to get my ass in some hot water ..

Paris: ok baby .. feel better ..

Kelsey: thanks ..

We hung up and I headed to my closet.. I put on a mini white tee with some gray baggy Ralph Lauren cargo sweats & went downstairs to find Shane, if I didn't know how to do anything else I knew how to cook !! I could hear him & Chino talking along with his money machine going off as I walked down the hallway, but I stopped right where I was when I heard my brothers name ..

Chino: (laughed) I'm surprised you ain't outed that nigga yet ..

Shane: I want to .. bad !! His sister saving his bitch ass ..

I folded my arms & leaned against the wall outside of Shane's office ..

Chino: you & Paris done patched shit up ?