Chapter 2

The wolf led me to the forest, we walked past to the spot were Elizabeth and Anthony found me. Then, we continue on walking deeper into the woods. I am positive that I will not remember the way back to Elizabeth's house anymore because all I see in here are trees that is identical to each other. Changing my mind is no longer an option now. I'm also so stupid not to leave marks in the tress I'm passing. I read the story of Hansel and Grettle and yet I learned nothing. I can't blame myself too much you know. A wolf and an old woman appear in front of me, and my mind has so many to take in given the fact that I lose my memory So, I decided to just follow the wolf until the end of the journey just to get this thing over.

We've been walking for like hours and the hard path of the forest is really not helping me keep my strength. There is also no indication that we were nearing to the place we were going. At least not for me since the only thing I recognize in here are tress.  I wanted to rest for a while, but I keep on reminding myself that the sooner we get to where we will be going the sooner this thing will end. Lack of sleep also plays a big part in my exhaustion. I was beginning to feel dizzy and I'm afraid that if these things continue I might probably black out before we even arrive to our destination. My pace became slower, and my body becomes heavier.

"How long are we going to walk?"

I can't help but ask the wolf. Then, I face palmed myself. How will the wolf supposed to answer my question? But he looks at me like he understands what I just said but he can't answer me. I let out a deep breath. I can do this. I cheered my own self. The sun began to rise. It's probably 6:00 in the morning and I still haven't had any sleep. The dizziness and exhaustion are getting the best out of me. Not to mention I was also starving.

Before I can even complain again, the wolf stops walking. I look at where it was staring and there, I found a small village where people are walking outside their house probably preparing for the breakfast of their family. Finally! I think this is our destination. I let myself fall to the ground because my knees can't take it any longer. I left Elizabeth's house around 12:30 early in the morning and we arrive at our destination just now. Wow, five and a half hours of walking without sleep or a stopover to drink and rest for a while. Elizabeth and Anthony might be worried right now but I have no choice, I can't go back there yet. First, I don't know how and second, I didn't walk all the way here just to leave without getting anything. I can't help it any longer, I lay in the grass to rest but I didn't realize that I passed out.

OLIVER'S POV

I was standing in front of the window on my study room when a knock interrupted my peace. I said without even looking to the door.

"Come in."

My beta came in. I didn't have to look at him to know that it was him because I already smelled his scent.

"What's the matter?"

I asked while sipping on the glass of brandy I'm holding. It's early in the morning and here I 'am drinking a brandy that serves as a breakfast to me.

"The Alpha of the Black Moon pack called, and he said..."

He hesitated to continue, but he knows better than to leave me hanging on his news. I continue to drink my brandy while I'm waiting for him to continue. 

"He said that He found the Queen."

HE FOUND THE QUEEN

HE FOUND THE QUEEN

HE FOUND THE QUEEN

What he said continued to repeat itself to my brain. I immediately turned to look at him. I didn't even realize that the glass I'm holding is now broken in my hands and before I could even stop myself, I have his neck in the middle of my palm and I'm pinning him in the wall. I pinned him using my right hand that is now bleeding because of the glass I'm holding earlier.  My wolf is trying to get the control over me, and I know that if I let him, he will kill Jason without hesitation, and I don't like that. Jason is like a brother to me.

"Tell him, that if I found out that he is lying. Consider his pack dead."

I said slowly then I let Jason go. I returned to look at the window where the garden can be seen while I tried to calm myself down. I have that garden built within my eyesight for my Queen, Cleo. Cleo loves flowers especially when they are blue. She was my mate. We were supposed to get married last year but she just disappeared. No trace left. Her things are still in her room. After she's gone humors begin to rise that she left to go with another men, I have the people who begin that gossip dead right after I heard the news.

Aside from that gossip, many pack also claimed that they have found Cleo but when I arrived at their pack, they can't show me Cleo herself. That only left the anger in me flamed because I had hope that I had finally find her only to realize that I am wrong. After that, I did not allow myself to hope anymore, and I announced that if anyone or any pack announced again that they have found my Queen and yet failed to show her to me will definitely face extinction.

I go out of our pack house and in front of the front door I saw that Jason and three more warriors had already shifted to their wolf form, Ready to go to the Black Moon pack. I didn't remove my clothes I just shift I didn't care if my clothes shred into pieces. News about my Cleo always has me and my wolf on edge. We didn't know what to think, she left without a word and news spreading that she left with another man doesn't help me calm my wolf down. We wanted to think that Cleo wouldn't do such thing but then again, the other part of my mind will question me if I really know Cleo enough to trust her. I ran as fast as I can. The faster I get this thing over with, the faster the pain in my chest will ease. It's been 2 years since she was gone, and I am starting to lose hope now.

I arrived in the Black moon pack without difficulty. I left my beta and the three warriors behind. They will arrive shortly. The wolves in the borders just allow me to enter because they know who I was. Wolves that belong to the royal family have a bigger wolf than the usual. I'm unique since I 'am a king I have the biggest wolf in the whole Southern Kingdom. We have brown fur, but it was easily mistaken as Gold because it shines like one and we have golden eyes.

The people of the Black Moon pack seem to sense my presence. They all get out of their houses and kneel in front of me with their head looking to the ground then they all chant. While they are chanting, I shift in front of them. Being nude in wolves are no big deal besides they are not allowed to directly look at me without my permission.

"HAIL TO THE KING!"

"Where is your Alpha?"

I asked, my voice is booming in the clearing because no one dares to whisper even a single word or move a little in my presence.

"Your humble servant is here, my king."

I look at the guy who spoke. I know him, Alpha Denver. I quite like him because his just a silent Alpha and a righteous man. He waves his hand and a man appear beside me with clothes in his hands. I quickly grab the pants and the white shirt. As much as I want to stay nude, it wouldn't look good for a king like me to walk without clothes on.

"You know very well what I will do to you and to your pack when you lied to me."

I said to him, not even taking my eyes off him. I'm looking directly at his face, looking if there was a hint of lie in his eyes but I saw nothing.

"Yes, I am completely aware."

He answered while giving me a small smile that assures me, he's saying the truth.

"Prepare yourself then and----."

"What's the commotion all about?"

The crowd begins to divide into two and in the middle; I saw the most beautiful blue eyes I ever laid my eyes on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Edited