Chapter 14

Not long after Alyssa left me, my mom appeared beside me.

"Hey princess. It's time to get ready."

She said to me. I didn't argue any further because I know that I already gave my word to her that I will be strong. So, I go back to my room. There I found a blue dress.  Simple yet elegant. 

"A dress fit for a princess."

My mother whispered in my ears. I don't want to wear that dress. At least not because of the king. I wanted to wear that kind of  dress when my mate is around. I let out a deep breath and pull myself together. I went inside the bathroom and I let the water run through my entire body. I don't actually know what to feel. I'am not afraid,happy, nor sad. I just feel empty.

When I finished taking a bath. I found my mother in my bed, waiting for me patiently. I slip my body to the beautiful dress. Not even bothering to wear under garments. I hate those things. I wonder why human are so fond of wearing bra's and panties when the only thing it does is restrain your body from moving freely.

The dress is backless style. The straps of the dress meet in the back of my neck and it is loose in the breast part but  fitted on my stomach way down to my feet. It hug my curves really tight. It has a slit in both left and right that cause my legs to be exposed in it's full glory. The thing about werewolves is we don't care if we even walk around naked. But my dad insist that I at least wear a dress.

My mom, lead me to sit on the mirror in my room. She brush my black hair that I often refuse to brush. She let is loose. 

"Stop looking like-"

My mom stop talking, I look at her and she seems to be mind linking someone, that's when I heard shout's and screams. My pack is under attack. Before I can even stand up and look at the window to see what is really happening my mom grab my shoulders a little too tight for comfort. She look at me straight in the eye.

"Cleo, I want you to stay in this room. Don't get out. Whatever happens don't leave this room. Do you understand?"

I noodled. She quickly walked out of the room but then before she left, she looked at me again. I run towards her. Fear is creeping through me. I hug her. Then she step back then scoop my face in both of her palms.

"Cleo, always remember that we love you. You know how to fight right? Defend yourself at all costs."

She said. I shake my head to her.

"I want to help."

I said to her.

" No, You can help us by being safe here."

With that, She run out of the room. Not after she's gone I heard a piercing howl from outside. I shove the curtain away from the window and there I saw blood and bodies every were. Not far from the pack house I saw my father and brother fighting wolves that I think was a rogue. My father was fighting three while my brother is four. After I looked at them I saw my mother run down outside and shifting into her wolf. She helped my brother but then more is coming. 

I can't bear to watch anymore and do nothing. I grab my arch. I'm excellent in combat fighting and archery because being a daughter of an Alpha comes with a responsibility. That responsibility is to be able to protect yourself and your pack. I have many dozen arrows in my room. I get all of that and I head to the terrace where the view of the clearing is good. I set the other arrows on the side of the terrace, and I get the first dozen in my back. 

I aim my first arrow to the wolves that threaten to hurt my family. I didn't stop, I was able to put down so many wolves but it was just for the meantime because the arrow I'am using doesn't have a silver in it. I didn't get to fight rogue's. This is my first fight so I hadn't thought of creating an arrow with a silver. I get another arrow to realize that it is also the last one. 

"Shit!"

I was not really a fan of dirty words but when I was nervous or in difficult situation I can't help myself but to use it. Now, I get my sword. I won't stay here while my family is fighting. I go down stairs only to be greeted by three rogue's inside. I saw blood all over the house and then I saw Alyssa laying on the ground life less. I saw gold flash before my eyes. My wolf is furious. 

They killed my best friend. I swing my sword with all my might and then after a while they were all dead. I got inside and I saw more wolves where coming but this time, They don't smell like rogues.

"Cleo! what are you doing? Go inside."

 My mom shouted beside me through mind link. 

"No mom. This will be the first time I will not follow you. You told me to be a real princess then I will do what I was told. I will protect my family and my people because I'am a pure-blooded Alpha."

I answered her through mind link also.

"The king has arrived. "

I heard my father announce through mind link but I was too busy to fight rogues to care about it. more rogues came to my mom, I run to give her aid but 3 rogues block my way and while I was dealing with the 3 rogues I heard my mom shout with agony and then our bond broke. My father howl in agony as he also felt the pain because of that the 2 rogue's that fighting him take advantage and before I could even do something they attacked him.

"NO!!"

My brother shouted. After that I felt another bond broke. I felt like my whole body wanted to collapse. Breaking of bond means death has fall upon them. After the bond broke I felt new power surge through me. Only means that I am the new luna of our pack since my brother didn't found his mate yet.

 "AHHHHHHH!"

I scream in both anger and sadness as I rip these wolf in front of me without even shifting. I see blood, any one who get's near me get to die. I go to my dad and mom's body. I didn't know tears where falling through my eyes. After a couple of minutes the clearing got silent. Indicating that the war is done but I didn't pay it much attention.

"Hey, Princess."

I look up when I saw my brother mind link me and there I saw him laying on the ground clutching his stomach that is bleeding so hard. He was in the arms of someone I don't know. He doesn't smell rogue so I left my parent's body and run towards him. 

"Hey, Jerk! you can't die on me. Do you hear that? You can't!"

I said to him using my authority. He smiled at me.

"I'm sorry Princess, I'm afraid that is also one of the things I cannot give to you. WE love you. Remember that."

He said through mind link and then he close his eyes.

"NO! NO! CESAR!! YOU CAN'T DO THIS."

I shouted to him while shaking his life less hands. Tears flood down to my face. Soaking my full face as I felt another bond broke. They're all dead. Mom, Dad and Cesar. I'am alone now. 

"NOOOOO!"

I scream using all my might. The wolves around me fall through their knees because of the intensity of power and pain thru my voice. Since mom, dad and cesar are gone the sole power of an Alpha falls all in my shoulder. I continued to weep beside my brother. When feet appeared beside me. I don't want to look to know who it is but the authority and power that radiates to his entire being is just too much to ignore. It demands respect.

I look to the man beside me and there I saw the most beautiful golden eyes I ever saw in my entire life. Shiver run down through my spine and suddenly my world stop from moving. Every thing is silent, it was just me and him that is the moment when my wolf choose to break the silence between us and scream the most important word in my life.

"MATE!"

----------------------Edited------------------