Chapter 8

Lillith's pov.

  I threw open my doors as fast as possible to see a man standing there.  His eyes were cold and black as night, and his hair was up in a pony tail as if with spikes, red.

  " Um, can I help you?" I mean, I just freaking heard a cry of help me, and this guy seemed to be doing just fine, sooooo....

The man attempted a smile, which was not a very nice one at all. " Yes dear, are you Lillith?"

No stranger had ever called me by name, except Jacob, so it was a bit of a shock. " Who wants to know?" I snarled.

" Just a question. "

" A personal one. "

" Not really. A name is as important as the wind, useless. "  He seemed to stare daggers through me as he edged closer.

" Well, what about you?  You have to have a name?" I said slyly.

" I have no name but a number. "

" Which would be????"

" Number 48. "

" Ahem, well number 48, what are you doing here?"

 " Ah, right to the point. I like that about you."

" HA! You know nothing of me. "

" Wrong. I know a lot, maybe more than I should know. What do you think Atticus?"

Something went wrong.  Maybe it was the shadows suddenly surrounding Atticus, or maybe it was the murderous glint in his eyes, I don't know.  But either way, my arms were suddenly pulled tight around my back, and the assassin lifted his knife.....

And aimed towards my chest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

  Remember what I said in the author's note.

  Well, the big part is playing in the next chapter.

I'll update soon! Thanks for the reads and Votes!