Prologue

The wind howled in the the cold dark night as the woman bundled her 4 year old child against her barely warm jacket.  The little girl's eyes stirred.  " Where are we going mommy?"

  The woman smiled and stroked her daughter's long and beautiful blue-black hair.  " Somewhere safe, love. "

 The girl's eyes were filled with wonder. " But why??"

 The woman shook her head sadly.  " Because of humans. "

" Humans? Those funny creatures who know nothing of magic?"

" Yes my darling-"

There was a loud crack of lightning as shots were heard and people screamed loudly and shrilly.  The woman freaked out. " Go Lilith. "

" But-"

" GO!!! They are coming. You are small, nimble, and quick. You must go without me. "

" But mom-"

" THERE THEY ARE!!"

More shots were fired, hitting the poor mother in the leg. She let out a cry and fell to the ground. " GO LILLITH!!!! FLY!!!! FLY TO THE NEAREST CAVE AND STAY THERE!"

" But mom-"

" GO!!!!"

There was no time to waste. The humans were coming closer.  Lilith unfolded her blue fire angel wings and jumped into the sky. She looked down to see a man standing over her mother, grabbing her hair. " Give me your child. " said the man hoarsely.

" The woman stood her ground. " Never, I would rather die than see my daughter in the hands of you. "

The man smiled. " Then die you shall. "

" MOM!!!!"

  There was a loud boom as the bullet went straight through her mother's chest, causing the little girl to scream in rage and shoot fire at the man and his companions.  " Go," said the man.  " We will eventually get her. But not now.  She will grieve. "  The man turned and walked away.

" Mommy. " Lilith cradled her mom's head in her arms. " Please don't go. I need you. "

  The light in the woman's eyes were dying quickly as she smoothed back her daughter's ruffled hair.  " Go my child.  Go where you will be safe. Please. "

 Lilith cried. " But mom......"

" Go now. "

The little girl hugged her mother. " I love you. "

She jumped, snapped open her wings, and took off into the night. As, the mother, let out her last breath and died.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A tree of silver grew on a field........

And it grew until it saw it's new master, with tear stained eyes and tired movements.

This tree was the tree of death.

Out of this tree came a boy, and when he first set his big blue eyes onto the little girl's rainbow ones, he knew.

 She was the master.  He was her helper.  He had been born from the darkness of her mind, and came to stay by her side........

Until the end of his days.