Chapter 2:Hello & Goodbye

I hopped out of Ms.Linda's rental car and look at Kate's apartment building. "Come on." Kate says. We follow her up to her place and wait for her to unlock her door. We all walk in and she tells us to get comfy in the living room. I curl up on the couch. "So what brings you here?" Kate asked when she got back from changing. Ms.Linda hands Kate the will. She reads in and looks back up confused. "Why am I reading this?" She asked. "Because Noel's parents are dead and they want you to be her guardian. If you don't want to be her guardian I'll take her back to Saginaw and to the orphanage." Ms.Linda says."no no I'll take her!" Kate says quickly. "You'll have to go back to Saginaw with us and sign the papers." "Ok do you have some stud with you?" Kate asked me. "Yeah some bags of clothes all my other stuff is in Saginaw." I reply. "Ok well we will bring it back when we come back." "I guess this means I don't get to see my boyfriend" I mumbled. "WHAT?!?!" Ms.Linda and Kate shrieked. "Hmm?" I hum as if I said nothing. "What did you say?" Ms.Linda asked. "I said I guess this means I'm not going to Michigan Adventure's" I say. "Sure" Kate says eyeing me. *ring ring* "hold on" Kate said "Beckett" she says into the phone. "Um now isn't a good time Castle" "no bye" she said then hung up. "So how are you and Richard Castle?" I asked. "How do you know I know him?" She asked. "Well you do have a tv show" I say in a no duh voice. "Oh I forgot about that." She says "I'll meet you in Saginaw" Ms.Linda says walking out the door. "Bye" Kate says while I stay quiet. Kate shuts the door and I pull out my iPhone. 'Hey I got to Kate's. how'd it go?' I text my boyfriend Lucas. 'Hey I seen you on Jimmy Kimmel! I got a home in L.A!' He sent. 'I'm going to live in L.A too but I got to go back to Saginaw to get my stuff' I send. 'Maybe we will go to the same school or something' he sends back but before I could reply Kate snatches my phone. "Why are you smiling like that and I asked you a question" she said irritated. "What?" I asked. "Who is this you are texting?" She says scrolling through my messages reading them. "You have a boyfriend!" She yelled. "Um yeah" "now you don't" "but I've known him since Pre-k and then 9 months ago we ended up in the same foster system and a month later we got together. I really really like him!" "I want to meet him then I'll make my decis-" she got cut of by someone knocking on the door. I get up and open it. "Hey" I say. "Hello" he says. "I'm Noel" I say shaking his hand he returns the shake and says "I'm Richard Castle" "Oh My Godzilla! I can't believe I didn't recognize you!" I say putting my hands on my face. "Do come in" I say. "How are you going to just let someone into my home without my permission?" Kate asked. My smile faded. She didn't say our home. She said her home. Does that mean I'm not welcomed? I shut the door and grabbed my phone out of her hands. "May I see where I'm sleeping tonight?" I ask a little to sweetly. "Um second door on the left" Kate says. "We'll I'm going to grab my things because I have a feeling she didn't leave" I say slamming the door. I decided to take the steps. I went to Ms.Linda's car to see her writing down notes. I open the back door and grab my two garbage bags and one neon green duffel bag. "See ya later" I say. "See you in Saginaw sweetie" she says starting the car. I shut the door and head back up to the apartment. I opened the door and see Rick sitting on the couch. "Do you want help?" He asked. "Nah I brought these up the stairs by myself I'm good" I say walking to my room.