Chapter 3:I knew it

I open the door and throw my stuff in. I shut the door and quickly hang up and fold my clothes. I change into my pjs. I have on neon orange yoga pants with a white half tank. It has a neon orange Polk a dots all over it and shows off my stomach. I tan so I'm not as pale as other redheads. I'm actually like a light carmel. Well I walk out of my room and into the kitchen. "Ok so tell me about yourselves" I say to Rick and Kate as I open the fridge door. I grab a Pepsi and open the bottle. "Well you know I'm a writer, I have a daughter, my mother lives with me, I adopted a kid and I think your voice is amazing" Rick says. "Kate spits out her I Pepsi "WHAT!!" "What I adopted a kid, I knew him when I was researching for my book. I never published it though." Rick says. "So it's a boy?" Kate asked cleaning up her spit up pop. "Yeah" he replies. "I have to go get him tomorrow." He says "I have to take Noel to Saginaw to get her stuff." Kate says. I turn towards them and hop onto the counter top. "I won't miss Saginaw." I laugh. Kate looks at me and checks out my pjs. Then she stops at my stomach. "When did you get that?" She asked point to my belly ring. "Ah my mom took me to get it done 11 months ago." I answer. "Why would She let you get a belly ring!" She shrieked. "Because I asked and I begged for it." I shrug. "Oh" she says. "You've changed" I say. "So tell me about yourself Noel." Rick says. "Well I'm a singer, have a boyfriend and he just got a new family. Favorite color is neon anything. I'm a smarta**" I say. Kate is wide eyed. "I mean I'm a smart butt." I laugh. Rick laughs and says "I like you already." "Well at least you agree I'm a smarta-" I get cut off by Kate pinching my ear "apple apple apples!!" I say. She lets me go. "Your safe word is apple too" Rick says surprised. "It had been since she was 5" Kate says. I rub my ear "I know what changed!". "What changed?" Kate asked sitting down next to Rick. "You are more strict. I see you have to be strict because you are a cop but I mean seriously you should loosen up a little." I say. "I agree with her" Rick says. "Fine I guess tomorrow we'll go to Saginaw so I can sign the papers, you get your stuff and I'll show you I am still fun." Kate says. I see Rick's arm muscles flex like he moved his hand. I squint my eyes a little and notice that his hand must be on her thigh. "I should get going I have to go talk to Alexis" Rick says getting up and walking to the door. "You can come with me in my private jet tomorrow, my kid is there and also you can put your stuff in it too. Ill be there for awhile because I want to revisit Michigan." He says. "Ok" Kate says. "Bye" Kate and I wave as he walks down the hall. I plop down on the couch with my legs crossed. "What's going on between you and Rick?" I ask. "Nothing." "Be truthful" "ok we just started dating last week." "What did ya start off by having sex?" "Yeah" "I knew it!" "Well I'm going to bed. See you in the morning." We hug and walk to our rooms and fall asleep.