Chapter 4

~~~Author's Notes~~~

IGNORE THE GRAMMATICAL ERRORS AND SPELLING MISTAKES. I wrote this in one day :)

Really frequent updates are always nice, haha. Hii!! I hope this chapter isn't crap. I'm trying to keep things in To Live moving quickly. I never want the story to drag. To Love, at times, would drag, I think. BUT IT'S ALL GOOD!

So that's also why I've made the decision to cut a couple of days from this part of Tst. In the book, they sit around starving for like four days or something. It's just gonna be one day in my story. I know, I know. I don't like changing things either, but I don't feel the need to keep the extra days.

SO THATS THAT! I hope you guys are having a good day! I love you all!!

Btw: I get an upset stomach every time I think about Janson talking to Brianne or Newt, because its like stupid vs my precious innocent angels. ANYWAY CARRY ON!

~~~~~

~~~Brianne's Pov~~~

"I'm so hungry," I whined, feeling like my midriff was caving in. I placed my hand right above my belly button, "It feels like an angry demon is gonna gnaw its way through the walls of my stomach and eat me."

Newt was staring at his hands. He sat with his back against the wall and his legs bent so that he could fit on the bed.

I was lying down the long way, taking up most of the space, "So r-i-p, me."

Newt wasn't paying me any mind. Normally I wouldn't care, but I was bored and there was just so much that I needed to say. I wanted to ask him about why he'd been acting so strangely the other day. The other day.

We'd only been without food for a day and I felt like death on two feet.

"Do you have anything to say to me before I die?" I asked him. He didn't even glance at me, "Newt."

"Huh?" He asked, shaking his head and moving his line of vision to me.

"I'm starving," I muttered, "Aren't you?"

"Not even that hungry," I think he said. His words were muffled. But I could still pick up on the weight behind his words. There was more to his 'not even that hungry' than I knew, "Gone without food for longer than this."

He wasn't talking in full sentences. Something was very wrong.

"What's wrong?" I questioned, "And don't say nothing. I know when you're upset."

Newt sighed loudly, "Fine, I'm upset. The reasons are stupid though."

"We've been over this a thousand times, babe," I smiled. There was a slight sarcasm in my voice, but I was speaking the truth, "Nothing that causes you pain will ever be stupid."

Newt rolled his eyes. He played with his hands nervously, "In the least offensive way possible, I wish Minho wasn't our designated leader."

"Oh," I started, thinking about what I wanted to say, "He'll do a good job, no?"

"Yeah, he will, I'm sure, but I just kinda thought that maybe, I would be the leader," Newt whispered, running his fingers through his hair, "It's not even that I wanted to be the leader. I'm just upset that I can't be," Newt looked around the empty room, as if someone would magically appear and hear his confession.

"If it makes you feel better, I'll let you lead me," I joked, laughing. With each laugh, I felt like a bone in my body was breaking, "The blind leading the blind."

"It doesn't make me feel better, but thanks anyway," Newt slowly rolled his eyes at me. As I stared at him, I realized that he wasn't in a joking mood.