Chapter 7

~~~Author's Notes~~~

Hello, everyone! I'm jumping right into The Scorch Trials book and its getting me excited. I'm just really ready for a certain chapter/scene that's about halfway through the book. Its a chapter that James didn't really put Newt in (It was Thomas's POV duh) but like Newt comes into the "place" and is eventually there, but nobody explains it. ANYWAY IM GIVING NEWT AND BRIANNE A PART AND IM SO EXCITED. If you guys can guess or have any idea what I'm talking about please comment, haha.

BTW SOMEBODY GUESSED THE NAME OF BOOK #3, you guys know me too well, omg. I'm still not saying what its gonna be, because it sounds sad. Okay honestly, if I didn't reply to your guess, you probably got it.

I am posting my playlist at the end of this chapter. And I'm even making it easy, I'm putting the videos in the chapter so all you have to do is click on them. THESE SONGS GET ME SO HYPED TO WRITE THIS BOOK.

Alright, I love you guys and I hope you enjoy this update!!! BYE.

~~~~~~

~~~Brianne's Pov~~~

I went to bed at 2:30 last night. I woke up at 5:00 this morning. I got two and a half hours of sleep. I was totally not ready for whatever nightmare awaited me beyond the Flat Trans I was waiting for.

I kept glancing at my watch. I'd cleaned off my crappy watch from the Glade, wanting to keep that one. I looked over at Newt who was sitting next to me. His wrist wore the white plastic watch WICKED had given everyone.

I'd thrown that watch into my makeshift backpack. I didn't want it. I mean theoretically WICKED had gifted me with both watches, but something in me couldn't give up the old one.

I didn't wanna forget who I'd gotten it from. It was the watch Newt had worn when he'd been a Runner. The watch he'd given me right before he had attempted suicide.

I didn't wanna just throw it away. It meant something to me in a weird way. The faded metallic plating of it reflected the incandescent lights above me.

I glanced down at the watch again. 5:57.

"Just a few more minutes and then there's no turning back," Minho said to the group of us as a whole.

It was weird to see Newt sitting, when he'd always been the right hand man to the one in charge.

"Decide now whether you wanna stay or follow me," Minho announced, "We don't have time for babies on the other side of the Flat Trans."

Nobody was gonna stay behind, because like it or not, each of us hated WICKED. And staying back and just letting them slaughter us seemed like a waste of life. We'd fought to be alive. None of the Gladers were dumb.

We were gonna take our chances.

"Still come with us and whine all day, and you'll be sent back here with a broken nose and no friends," Minho threatened.

I watched Newt put his head in his hands and quietly groan.

"Got a problem, Newt?" Minho asked sternly. He walked closer to Newt and me.

Um, um, um, what? I could barely hear Newt, how had Minho heard him?

Newt's head shot up. He looked to me and then back to Minho, "No," He quickly said, "Just admiring your bloody leadership skills."

What was happening with Newt and Minho?

"Well, reality check," Minho turned and pulled down the collar of his white shirt, "Mind reading what that says?" He was referring to his tattoo.