Chapter 8

~~~Author's Notes ~~~

Hello everyone! I have a little bit of an announcement to make/question to ask, so I'm gonna get right to that with the hopes of not writing a novel in my authors notes, haha.

I haven't updated Everything I Didn't Say in like two months. That's an obvious fact. The truth is that I don't really like it. And honestly that book just isn't me. I'm not formal with my writing and I'm not poetic. ETIDS was me trying to be something I'm not. My intentions were good, but I cannot properly write something I'm not 100% in.

So I'm changing it. Because if you don't like a part of your life, its totally possible and necessary to change it. I wanna make ETIDS more real. I want it to be straightforward and me. I wanna talk personally to each of you.

So I'm thinking about making each chapter a topic. Serious or fun. I can share my personal experiences on the chosen or requested topic. I feel like it'll be really awesome for all of us to see that we aren't alone.

I'd really like for people to request topics. I have a few chosen already, but if you have any questions or problems or just topics that you think would be interesting for me to write about, please comment here or DM me if you want. I won't say who chose the topic. Privacy is something I completely understand.

SO YEAH, the first topic is really serious and kinda scary, but I wanna share it because I know that other people have gone through it. SO please add ETIDS to your library, I will be updating really soon!!!

~~~~~~

~~~Brianne's Pov~~~

The walking seemed endless, just like this tunnel or hallway or whatever we were walking through.

It was dark and cold. The air was stale and with every breath I took I felt like a cloud of dust filled my lungs.

I decided about a mile back that I was keeping my eyes closed. The way complete darkness bore into my pupils had only doubled my stress.

I kept my hand firmly grasping Newt's hand. I was scared to let go for fear that I wouldn't be able to find him again.

The Gladers surprisingly remained pretty silent as we walked, just the echo of heavy steps and occasional whispers filled my ears.

We were all determined. Minho had earlier said that the babies had been weeded out. He'd been right. Even with a creepy voice telling us to turn back or continue and die, nobody turned around. We knew the stakes.

We all hated WICKED, but that cure was our only hope. We were gonna fight our way to the safe haven.

I didn't know who was behind me and I didn't know who was in front of me. But I knew I was closer to the back of the group.

"Newt?" I barely whispered.

I didn't want anyone to hear me. Thankfully the footsteps and other whispers sounded over my voice.

"Huh?" I heard Newt urge.

"I don't know, but this isn't the maze," I said, feeling like I'd spoken the most obvious words ever.

Truth is that I didn't wanna walk in silence any longer. I was bored.

"If I close my eyes and imagine I'm alone, its feels the same," Newt murmured, "Aimless walking with no real purpose."

I could sense the dejected tone of Newt's voice. This wasn't how he thought his life would be. He thought he'd been rescued, but then only a day later, he'd been thrown back into what he'd already been living for two years.