Chapter 6

~~~Author's Notes~~~

Hello everyone! I really love this chapter, I think I've been leaving Minho out for a while, and you finally get to see him more in this update. There are a few things about him that I haven't explained and they're all answered in this update!! SO YAY! Also the whole thing is Newt's Pov sooo!!!

I was actually tagged to answer a few questions! -perfetcs thank you for tagging me! So I'm gonna answer them now:

First Name: Brianne
Last Name: *not gonna answer for privacy reasons*
Birthday: September 19
Crush: there's this really cute guy and his name is Newt
Last Call: my friend who doesn't have Wattpad so I can't tag her
Last text: my mom haha
Best friends: Internet friend? kennedythurman
Mood: I'm pretty good rn :)
Tall or short: Medium
Height: 5'5"
Favorite Color: Royal Blue
Favorite Food: Probably Smoothies or Panera Mac and Cheese *literally the greatest stuff ever*
Favorite Tv Show: *currently running* Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and The 100
Relationship Status: Single, 100%

AND I tag all of you. I think you guys should answer the questions in the comments haha! We can learn a lil about each other!!

~~~~~

~~~Newt's Pov~~~

"Difficult?" I muttered, rolling my eyes. With an exasperated sigh, I let my head lean back against the wall behind me, "As if things haven't always been."

This guy, whoever he was, clearly had no intent on giving us answers. His job was to further our confusion.

And he was doing just that. I was pissed, to say the least. First, the worker had told us that our 'trials' weren't over. Then, he'd said that everything we'd gone through was a test and an experiment. And lastly, he'd undermined all of our struggles by saying that what we had gone through wasn't that difficult.

I felt Brianne's fingertips move across my hand, but I couldn't focus on that right now. I could only focus on the man from WICKED.

For the first part of his speech, I had kept my eyes downcast. I was defiantly pretending not to listen. But now, I was angry. Really angry. So I stared at him with fire in my eyes, hoping that he would meet my glare.

Every time his eyes scanned the crowd, he seemed to look over me and right to Brianne. I wanted him to see my anger. I wanted him to know that he couldn't just waltz into our lives and say that they were screwed up on purpose. He'd watched us all suffer.

And truthfully, I know that it wasn't really him who'd hurt us, but it made me feel better to be face to face with someone I could finally throw my anger at. And let me tell you, I was giving him my anger.

If he would only just look at me.

"There's a bigger reason for these trials that none of you can comprehend yet. But one day, at the end of this all, you'll understand," The Man, said, "Sun flares have scorched the earth and a disease called the Flare has taken over our planet. WICKED, the surviving governments, has come together to find a cure for the Flare. And you have every reason to work with us and for us, because each of you already has the virus."

My anger vanished for a moment. We had the Flare? Inside of us, right now?
I looked at Brianne, who had clearly already been staring at me. Her face was red and tears were gathering in her eyes. I opened my mouth, wanting to say something, wanting to scream at everyone, but I didn't say anything. I just sat staring at her, with my lips parted.

She shook her head, quickly. I tapped my hand on her leg to get her attention, before mouthing, "It's gonna be okay."

She closed her eyes, briefly, as she took a deep breath. After a moment, she nodded. The nod was almost unnoticeable.