Two

Time seemed too slow. I had to wait three more hours before Josie got off work and I couldn't wait. I filled some of the time finding out where I am, and where she worked, but that only took an hour. I thought about calling Dean, I knew his number by heart, but decided I wanted to have lunch first. I'm sure he's fine anyway.

I searched through the bathroom, looking for aspirin to calm my headache. Since when do I wear makeup? I thought as I pulled out a bag filled with cheap Walmart™ cosmetics. I don't really know what's going on, but someone has the wrong idea about me. I put it back and continued the search.

I thought about what could be happening. I was fighting the djinn and then I woke up here. I don't know what kind of power they have, but they can't be all good. Even though it's shoved me into a lovely world where Josie is alive, I have a hot boyfriend, and a steady income (it seems). What's my boyfriend's name anyway? I don't know, I doesn't really matter anyway. I'd find Dean and Sam and be gone pretty soon. Best not to get attached.

But finally it was time, and I got in my new car, and drove to pick up Josie. She looked great. Tall, long dark hair, freckles. She looked the same as I remember her. "Hey." She said and got in. "New car?"

"Yeah, kinda. Borrowed it from a friend." I lied. "What you been up to?"

"Just the same. But there's this new guy..." She went into a ramble on how this new guy didn't know what he was doing and bothered her. She was just the same. It was good having her back. She meant a lot to me.

I pulled into the parking lot of some Mexican food joint and we walked in and got a table. "Yeah, so what you been doin? How's Neal?"

"He's good." I assumed this was the name of my boyfriend. "And I'm going for a road trip, just so you know. I should be back soon though."

"Where to?" She asked and sipped her soda.

"Nebraska. Gonna go see some old friends."

"What friends?" She asked, seemingly amazed I had friends outside of state.

"Dean and Sam. You don't know them. They're pretty cool guys." I said and paused the conversation to order our food.

"How'd you meet?"

"College. They were some buddies I went to some parties with that watched my back while I drank." I lied.

"Oh nice."

We ate and talked for around an hour more then I dropped her off again and went stopped at a gas station. I pulled out my phone, deciding I'd had enough of a chat with Josie and should get back to work. I also decided that if this world was permanent I'd come back to see her again. I dialed Dean's number and he answered after a few rings, "Kay?" He asked.

"Hey Dean. Where are you?"