Chapter8part2: Decision

〰❇〰

"Oh my god Hayley!" Harleen said breathless, fanning herself through her hands. "I was so worried."

"Harleen," I interrupted while looking at the floor with a wide eyes, then I gazed upon her with a faint smile. "I think, I'm accepting your offer."

"Really?" Harleen asked in a shocked look.

"I'm fascinated at him," I replied while touching my chin; looking to nowhere.

Just what I had said before, Joker was something in different ways: He was creepy, yes. He had a dark aura, yes. His piercing eyes were always darkened; but then again, there was hidden from there and I wanted to figure it out.

"What made you to make up your mind, Bessy?" she asked.

I stared at her and smiled, "I wanted to know everything from him," I answered. "The Joker had something or experienced from his past, I can tell."

"How'd you know?"

"I forgot to tell you bessy," I uttered. "I took a vocational course of study in Psychology before I took my bachelor's degree."

She was shocked with a little amusement in her eyes. "Wow."

"Have you ever tried to ask him? or did he cooperates with your sessions?" I asked when we started walking.

Harleen heaved a sigh, "Actually. . . Joker isn't cooperating that much." she replied in serious-look. "He keeps on rambling everything, he keeps on refusing as if he wanted to keep it all as a secret or a hint. All he could say was, Bad day."

"Bad day. . . bad day wasn't only a bad day." I stated, "It broke him so badly which made him like that, what do you think?"

"I'm always thinking that, Hayley." she answered looking with a steady look. "But the problem is, he doesn't make any progress, for him sessions were only a waste of time."

"Well," I uttered when I heaved a sigh. "I know, I believe he will tell me soon. when I cured him, I'll be the most happier woman in this world."

"Every one will thank you." Harleen said in concurred with giggles.

One month today

Harleen and her fiancé are now preparing for their wedding next month in Canada and at the same time, my best friend is currently arranging her resignation in the Asylum.

Every weekends, we used to see each other for some assistant. I used to study Joker's records in progress and sad to say, nothing seemed to change.

Today, I'm here in my apartment scanning his papers while drinking coffee.

Joker is rapidly changing his moods depends on the situation; he has a severe depression which let him to have mental disorder; he also has a deep egotism that led him to have a strong aspiration in defeating Batman. He hates the bat for being an intruder, and sometimes, the Clown is only making fun with him; the antic is so pretentious and attention seeker.

He was diagnosed: Schizophrenia and Bipolar disorder.

While I'm studying his files, suddenly our second meeting before crossed in my mind which made me to be in gawk.

Be my private doctor. . .

If he wanted me to be his private doctor, well I will gratify it. I will be his psychiatrist - in the Asylum; not in his hideout or what. I won't go with him.

At least, if he sees me in Arkham, there will be a possibility that he won't chase me after all - a sort of.
but if I refused him, he will break out the Asylum and kidnapped me. Hell no! I'm giving it malicious like, he has something with me and what so ever - No, there's no such thing like that - all I know is, he's insane and maybe he felt care by me. Care. . . by me? Hmm.

I'm excited about this.

After I scanned his papers, I went toward the sofa to have a seat; putting it on the coffee table as well as my mug. I started thinking about our upcoming concert to be held days from now. It might be my last concert with my friends - I should tell them anyway.

I grabbed my phone in my pocket and immediately texted Taylor and Jeremy.

Meet up at café; 7:30 am, urgent.
6:15 am √

--

"For real?!" Taylor asked in a shock tone.

"I'm sorry," I said. "It's too quick, but I decided to quit. I'm applying in Arkham this weekend."

Jeremy and Taylor looked at me with their agreement.

"It's fine," Jeremy said. "I'm planning now to build a restaurant in downtown, while T planned an instrument shop. So we thought, it will be a hard time for us if we continued our band, I mean everything reached its changes."

Taylor nodded, "He's right, Hayley. and we don't want to have another female vocalist except you."

"I-I thought -"

"You thought we'll be mad or upset or disappointed?" Jeremy reacted as he took a sip on his espresso. "Of course not."

I'm speechless and at the same time, I have butterflies inside of me, they are  celebrating as if they found a new tulips.

"Y-You don't know how much I'm lucky to have you guys." I said almost sobbing.

"Hey," Taylor said with a forwarded palms. "We just want you to take care of yourself and be careful always."

I took a morsel at my berry cake before answering him, "And one more, I will be his doctor, it's certain."

Taylor and Jeremy wrinkled their forehead.

"Who's this?" Jeremy asked with a rose eyebrow, "Don't tell me. . ."

"Definitely." I answered.

Taylor's mouth swung opened as he fell his fork on the table; Jeremy leaned his back on his seat with a furrow on his brows.

"The Joker, might be my patient because in the first place, they were hiring for him because Harleen, the only psychiatrist in the Asylum — the only one who took his case, is now resigning — someone needs to take over her position because the rest of the doctors there, don't want to be assigned at the Joker."

"And that someone is you? Seriously?" Jeremy objected.

"Do you think you can handle that?" Taylor asked with a serious stare.

I pulled out a deep sigh, "Yes. . . I can manage and one more thing, he wanted me to be his private doctor so instead of, Um. . . coming with him or what, I decided to work there for a slight hope that he won't chase me if I refused him."

"Dammit," Jeremy reacted while shaking his head slowly, "What kind of situation did you enter, Hayley. . ."

"But at the end of the day, I don't know what kind of thought is running on his mind." I answered.

A/n: (edited) Thanks for reading loves! Vote or comment if you like this.