Chapter62: End to Beginning

"YOU HAVE A new patient, Doctor Williams," Doctor Arkham said.

When the papers were in her hands, scanning it, she found out that the new patient he was talking about, was Mad Hatter. Who's mad hatter? She never heard something about him before.

"Mad Hatter?" she uttered, quirking an eyebrow.

"Yes. We housed him here for assaulting female kids," he replied when he pulled out a deep breath, "honestly, there's a psychiatrist who was assigned for handling his case, but he soon killed her right after he was admitted. So-"

"I'll be handing his case?"

"Exactly. It's your dayoff yesterday so you hadn't had the chance to see him being confine. Will that be okay?"

"Yes, of course . . . I'll take it."

Dr. Arkham nodded. "Don't worry, your schedule here will be adjusted for your little girl."

"Thank you so much."

"You're welcome," he said. "By the way you look restless."

"Beg your pardon?"

"Are you thinking it might be the Joker?" he asked.

Her eyes grew wider; then she avoided his gaze. "Not really."

"You're strong, child. Joker is no longer in sight. I wonder why- not that I don't like it but it's unexpected."

No longer in sight for five years. Sky was five years of age; the moment she was sprung into the world, her father didn't show for once. Nobody knew about her having a child with him or the romance they once had-- it was a secret-- a secret she would bury in her grave. No one should know that because it might harm her daughter. With the thought of that, her hatred grew inside, making her blood boil.

"It's fine. It's been so long," she replied, squeezing the papers with her thoughts. "Since he had been gone."

The old man suddenly stood up from his seat and went toward the window beside his work table; he gazed beyond it while Hayley remained in her place. "But we do not know when will he come back. . . "

Words were hard to say. She kept her mouth zipped because she believed, if she ever attempted to say any of her words, it might crash her into pieces. It shouldn't be pronounce. She had enough.

I wish, he won't. . . come back.

•To be continued•

"Behind insanity, there is always a sanity. . ."

-FaithandDesire
(JokesbyJoker(x))

•• •

A/N: (edited and rewritten)

Hi angels! Finally the editing process of this book is done. I hope you like this book of mine because I treat it as my masterpiece- my first book I have written since I have started joining wattpad.

Thank you so much for reading! Please vote if you like the part. ☺

SEQUEL : My Insanity and Sanity
STATUS: Remaking.