Chapter 18

This is the last chapter.

"You have to go to school today." Dan's mum muttered, pulling the covers off of Dan so that he would have to get up.

"I know.. won't you let me stay off for one more day? Please?"

"I'm sorry, you've got to go." Dan sighed before pulling himself out of bed with a loud groan.

-

"Martyn, why?" Phil groaned, frowning as Martyn folded his arms and glared at him.

"Because you'll get expelled at this rate. I already know that you're almost going to be kicked out. You need to at least make an effort to stay." Martyn explained, holding out his hand for Phil to take.

"Fine but if I even see Dan today, I am never going to go school again."

"Whatever." Phil took Martyn's hand and allowed himself to be pulled out of bed.

-

Dan walked into maths, frowning as soon as he noticed that he was one of the first students to show up. He took his seat at the back, allowing himself to slouch down in his chair so that his posture matched exactly how he was feeling. It was a couple of minutes later when someone walked into the room and took a seat beside him. Beside him. Only one person sat beside him. Phil Lester. Dan abruptly turned, his eyes widening as he realised that it was in fact Phil sitting beside him. "Phil.." Dan whispered, watching as Phil turned his head to the side to meet Dan's sad eyes. "I can explain everything. Meet me at lunch."

"I don't know if I can do that, Dan." Phil responded, tearing her gaze away from Dan and rubbing his eyes with his fists.

"Why not? I just need to explain-"

"Because I don't know if I can trust you anymore."

"You can."

"Howell, Lester! Quiet!" The teacher yelled, making both Dan and Phil quieten down. That was fine for Phil but Dan couldn't help but feel slightly irritated that his first chance to make Phil forgive him had been crushed.

It was half way into class when Dan had an idea. He ripped the corner of his piece of paper off and quickly wrote something down on it.

Meet me at lunch outside the library. It's your choice whether or not you come. Just give me a chance?

Thanks,

Dan.

He then slipped it across the table for Phil to find.

-

Lunch rolled around and Dan hadn't talked to anyone. Not Chris. Not PJ. Not Phil. He rushed down the halls to the library, excited to finally patch things up with Phil and make everything okay. He leant against the wall, his arms folded as he waited for Phil to arrive.

Five minutes had passed and Phil hadn't shown up. That was when Dan began to give up hope. He sunk down to the floor, observing everyone who walked by in hopes of spotting Phil. He didn't spot Phil but he did spot the annoying popular who Dan had apparently cheated with.

And when the popular spotted Dan, he began to walk over, his hands in his pockets. "You know I'm in your maths class, right?" He smirked and if looks could kill Dan would literally be dead at that moment. "I saw you talking to Lester. What did you say to him?"

"Nothing." Dan gasped as the popular took one hand out of his pocket and pressed it into Dan's neck.

"Didn't look like nothing to me. Did you tell him what I did? Oh, if you did.. I'm going to hurt you."